I don't understand this at all.

I have tons of invalid links generating CJ traffic.
    But, here is the wierd thing. The pages ARE there. However, the report shows the URLs in all lowercase letters! I have never made my URLs in all lower case letters. Where do these links come from and how are people clicking on them?

If they clicked the URL as I wrote it, it would work.

It looks as if I must create a lower case URL with a redirect for each of these pages to get people to the right place.

Insights? Ideas?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    CJ Reporting has a problem with Capitalisation in URLS. I assume they wrongly believe that old theory that UNIX links should all be in lower case as UNIX is capital sensitive and this would make it easier for everyone (As opposed to MS systems that are not CAPS sensitive)

I would believe the reports however. It is most probable that you are sending merchants traffic that have terminated your agreement due to whatever reason.

I title caps my page names to make them easier to understand for my viewers. THe CJ spider has this problem big time.

Hope this helps!!!!

All the best, DPG

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

[This message was edited by DPG on August 23, 2003 at 06:37 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    It is most probable that you are sending merchants traffic that have terminated your agreement due to whatever reason.

Or a merchant has expired certain links. I try to steer away from merchants that expire a lot of their links. Especially on static sites as this would mean I am sending them free traffic through the expired links until I have updated them.

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

I deliberately expired a merchant and now need to find any orphan pages with their links. This doesn't help.

Should I just assume it is the real URL that I created and ignore the fake (Lower Case) URL that CJ references?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Should I just assume it is the real URL that I created and ignore the fake (Lower Case) URL that CJ references?
    Exactly

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't worry about the lower case. The programmer may have coded to show everything in lower case. The important thing is whether or not you're being paid based on those links.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread