ABW Ambassador
    I notice that one of the new merchants at CJ is Yahoo! selling webhosting solutions. They look like a great one to sell as they probably will charge 300 bucks to look at your hosting application and there won't be any chargebacks as they will keep the money whether they provide the service or not!

I'll be selling their services. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

ABW Ambassador
    and, we wont get credit for toll free calls calls, either. I already checked. Most people are going to have questions to ask, and of course, the friendly yahoo webhosting customer service will be glad to finish the process by telephone. I know. I already checked. there needs to be a fix to this toll free number crap.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

Big Chuck wrote:
    quote:
    there needs to be a fix to this toll free number crap.
    I agree, Big Chuck. In this day and age, it's ridiculous to expect anyone to believe that a company can offer an affiliate program, yet not have the technology or ability to track orders placed by phone that were initiated at one of their affiliate's sites.

It's a bullshoot excuse to avoid paying commissions, and it should not be tolerated by publishers or the networks!

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Remember when Yahoo bought some FREE hosting service for their 90's style eyeball gathering ventures. They then turned it into a popup advertising spamming hell hole.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    You could always market their hosting as bullet proof spam hosting. They will never shut down their hosts. They can spam all day, thousands complain, and if you submit it to abuse@yahoo.com - they will just tell you these people did not use yahoo.com's email service to spam.

They need to be put back on spews.

Chet

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Remember when Yahoo bought some FREE hosting service for their 90's style eyeball gathering ventures. They then turned it into a popup advertising spamming hell hole.

Oh how I remember that.

Did you know that when Geo & then Yahoo had "Community Leaders" that some of the leaders had "the tool" and could go in and look through all your files? It was like a backdoor into any account hosted there.

They would take the tool and look for things that were against the TOS, then report it to the person in charge of that particular neighborhood at Geo/Yahoo and the site would get suspended.

There was some very strange stuff hidden in some of the accounts. Directions for bomb making, etc. They were all reported to the FBI.

Just thought I would share that tidbit of information. I think it is kind of interesting.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    i use yahoo webhosting for one of my sites, only becuase it was my first site started with their free hosting.

As my site grew to 150 pages, all spidered by google, i started new sites but kept my old one with yahoo and upgraded to their paid package! only because i could not be bothered changing them all!
    I have had no problems with it at all, never been down once - not that i know off. I get stats for all of my pages etc. they even offer php, mysql etc.

So i may advertise them, they also still have their page maker and more add ons, very helpful for a beginner.

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

People always looking for a stealth host.

See if Yahoo's servers ever go down.

I've been through more hosts than I can count out off the top of my head (about 20) and even the best of them have had the occasional downtime, except an old Tripod site. It will be a cold day in hell before those (Lycos) servers are ever allowed to choke, and it would be reasonable to expect the same from Yahoo.

ABW Ambassador
    The reason I mentioned this here was as a poke at Yahoo's arrogant paid linking system where they charge you 300 a year to get listed and keep the money regardless of whether they list you or not. They are extremely anti affiliate site... especially if that site is geared towards just one merchant.

Sure I am bitter. But my whole point is that I will never work with a company that uses those ethics. (Guaranteed payment regardless of result.) I for one will never ever sell a yahoo product.

I never once questioned their hosting ability and I couldnt give two hoots if it was half decent. But since you brought it up...

I have used and left many, many hosts since I started playing with the Internet back in 94-95 and I say without hesitation that there is no service anywhere that even comes close to that provided by THMedia. No one will give you better support. No where will you get better value for money. THMedia is the final destination of all my online hosting needs. Show me one other place where you get support day or night seven days of the week and a solution sometimes within an hour, never longer than 3. Show me a place where the owner will personally miss sleep to ensure that a system you need set up is set up right and right now.

That is all I have to say.

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread