New transactions show a higher number of transactions with less earned while the affiliate home page reporting shows less transactions and more money.

ABW Ambassador
    One sale reported around 7:30 this morning.

Either we're heading for the year's record low for sales or CJ has blown a fuse again.

One of the kogs must have fallen out of the widget machine.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks good on my reports. And super fast reporting. Last sale 12.28PDT Posted at 12.36

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

ABW Ambassador
    Something is definately screwed up.
    This morning I showed a brandsmall sale early in the morning - figured.. okay, tracking must be working for today , that's a good sign , but now 9:25 p.m. ,it's gone - VANISHED from where it was on the Quick Tasks - Review new transactions report off the main page, and let's just say that I'm NOT buying the sales reports for the rest of the day .

As usual , I'm thinking ... One of two things can happen next .

A. I might wake up tommorrow morning and be pleased to see all the delayed sales in yesterdays reports .

"or"

B. Once again, I get screwed out of a days sales .

Which one will it be ?
    This is so OLD already , I'm used to it .

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    it's gone - VANISHED from where it was on the Quick Tasks - Review new transactions

If the status has changed from "new" (for instance, to "approved") it disappears from there.

Run a report for "today's transactions" and it'll probably appear there only without "new" status.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Last sale about 9 this morning. Always makes me wonder why people go shopping but don't buy much after the morning hours at CJ. I guess as long as they are shopping through the other networks, I can't complain

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    Still no sales since 7:30 am. Clicks are being counted and appear on the weak side, but not disasterously so.

I don't buy the no-sales report. Something is broken.

ABW Ambassador
    sales lower than yesterday maybe coz weekend ... but everything normal NO complain

Hard Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

ABW Ambassador
    Leader,

quote:
    If the status has changed from "new" (for instance, to "approved") it disappears from there.

Okay, I stand corrected on that . I've never noticed that before , guess that's why my balance jumps higher than the sales sometimes
    I'm guessing from this , that the majority of sales don't always change status from new to accepted all on the same day, is that right ?

It still doesn't explain a nine hour gap though, and I'm not the only one complaining.

BTW, testing the "no price theory" on some pages - not noticing any more sales, just more clicks - could be uselful for the Holidays though, with merchants that offer a wide array of product categories to shop from

ABW Ambassador
    Obviously CJ gives merchants "free days" among a certain group of unlucky affiliates. Non-comissionable sales days to make merchants happier

Only thing is, affiliates like me e-mail the merchants for answers as to why their daily steady sales suddenly stop cold turkey.

Plus their links are replaced with their competition for a time period that makes them hate their "free days". Preferably replaced by their competition from other networks, so that a clear message goes to CJ as well, that "free days" aren't going to be so "free".

I had two full pages of transactions with Performics today, and nothing from CJ ...a record low day. Total BS!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Always makes me wonder why people go shopping but don't buy much after the morning hours at CJ. ~Packster

Strange--hardly anybody buys from my sites in the morning! It's not till afternoon or evening that things really start happening.

quote:
    I'm guessing from this , that the majority of sales don't always change status from new to accepted all on the same day, is that right ? ~Lisa

Yep! Some will say "new" for quite some time, depending on the merchant.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    I am hoping something is broken this morning EPM 1.75 EPC 2.20. Maybe I should get religious and start praying to the CJ gods.

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

ABW Ambassador
    Definately something up: EPM $1.30
    EPC $1.77 for 650 clicks

ABW Ambassador
    I've got multiple sites.

My best performing very high traffic site isn't having its sales reported, but a couple of the other very low traffic sites are having sales reported.

I noticed if I replace the site code on the high traffic site with the other site's code that is getting reported sales ...my normal sales show up credited to that low traffic site.

Maybe we can hear from other multiple site CJ affiliates and see if I'm an isolated case.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by kelly626:
    I've got multiple sites.

My best performing very high traffic site isn't having its sales reported, but a couple of the other very low traffic sites are having sales reported.

I noticed if I replace the site code on the high traffic site with the other site's code that is getting reported sales ...my normal sales show up credited to that low traffic site.

Maybe we can hear from other multiple site CJ affiliates and see if I'm an isolated case.
    I tested this theory this morning. I transferred over a number of sites from one account to another and although my test period (2 hours) was not long enough to form any conclusive theorisations, I think I can safely say that this is not the case.

Straight after I transferred the site links over, my sales day started on the original account with 6 sales coming in as the cookies had already been set before the transfer. The new account also made 4 sales very quickly so I transferred the site links back to the original account and the sales have continued to come through as per usual.

I think Heyder was very correct when he stated that every weekend, someone is bound to moan about their sales. This weekend it was my turn I had a terrible Saturday with usual click throughs and sales closing in unheard of low territory ending with EPCs and EPMs in the 2-3s when these sites ussualy close in the 15-25s. Maybe something was afoot with tracking, Pware etc but I will never know.

Things are back to normal and thats whats important

(all sales mentioned originated from the links I moved back and forth.)

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    conclusive theorisations
    Sorry about that guys!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread