2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey come on Hobbytron Christmas shopping is comming. You have 15 pages of magic Tricks ....and not one other hot selling hobby items like RC cars -boats -trucks. I tried for 1/2 hour to find any worthwhile product to target the traffic I get to my hobby pages. Not one appeared and I see no advanced linking options.

In case the AM hasn't looked at their site pages like http://www.hobbytron.net/rcMain.html or http://www.hobbytron.net/rc_boats.html and even the toys http://www.hobbytron.net/toys.html aren't shown in product links.

eHobbies sucks for conversions and the Hobbytron guy promised they'd take up the slack....

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Ya, I'd like to see some updated products, every good page I've made has been thru the create your own links link.

"Ya, I'd like to see some updated products, every good page I've made has been thru the create your own links link."

qball I couldn't even find that feature or I'd have made some up if they track!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Linking instructions removed.

I would hate to have Mike rely on a democrat to help him, that would be like welfare.

So there is context:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...604#2316067604

quote:
    I assume the Ad-blocker marketers are liberal -Bush bashing Democrate bent leaning type folks. Little lame on the execution, costs and impact of what the champion.

Chet

[This message was edited by Chez Noir on August 25, 2003 at 03:09 AM.]

Hehe, hey Mike it's a text link that says create your own link, about half way down the page.
    Chet, I know these guys need a democrats help, so I thought I would just go ahead and give them something to complain about.

Found the interactive link builder for product link under the text links area. Best for someone with HTML experience only tackle this one!

Mike & Charlie ...

I'm with you. The only effective linking creative for Hobbytron is from ones we've created ourselves. At least they provide a Create Your Own Link feature as they're saving grace.

They did have an interactive 'how to' feature to show how to do the Create Your Own Link feature---I don't have the full URL for it but it was pretty slick actually.

quote:
    I would hate to have Mike rely on a democrat to help him, that would be like welfare.

Well it is an effort. Text links are a cinche but getting MS Frontpage to accept the link code for an image was a real hassle.

Mike & Charlie ...

Well it's worth the effort, atleast until they get some good product listings, only bad thing is it's tracking like the product catalog, have to add a sid to be able to track it correctly.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread