ABW Ambassador
    From email:

"Remember, Zappos allows no "cookie stealers." So send all the links you have a
    choice on to the place no one else can get your commission - Zappos! "

Whats thats supposed to mean? That they're parasite free?

I work in boxers

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Maybe by Cj's definition? I just video'ed 4 separate incidences of "cookie stealing."

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Send the videos to Jack. He is doing his best. He dropped ebates months ago.

Zappos is #1, what more can I say.
    Rest = as DPG

ABW Ambassador
    Ms. B, file your complaint and make sure you ask them how long 60 days is.......

Why is that the COC allows these continuous violations to occur with no actions being taken against the parasites who are repeatidly caught overwriting cookies and stealing commissions?

Just as your questions to the networks concerning parasites using afsrc=1 haven't been answered, you can be assured that no one "representing the COC" will come in here and answer this as well.

Is it time for a COC complience forum or should I say "non COC complience"?

I don't see where this thread in cj and the many others spread out around do much good in effectively showing the COC is a crock!

Pee pee merchants still stand behind supporting parasites because "the COC tells them they are in complience"!

Until we formally centralize information regarding the CrOC and the obvious non enforcement of it many will continue to struggle. Putting repeated violations and total lack of communication from any COC representative in plain view will likely turn up the heat another notch regrading theft being tolerated.

I think it's time we reconsider previous thoughts and put things out in plain view for all the sources to see?

Thoughts?

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Poon,

Good question for debate. Can you repost it in the private area for discussion?

DPG, yes I know Jack did. I will contact him with the videos. Unfortunately, sometimes the merchants are just going off of what the networks are telling them.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Is crock an endearing word substitute for a gator?

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I had an emailing with Jack when he first became affiliate manager and spoke about ebates and parasites. He sounded committed to ridding zappos of parasites. ALso spoke about reversals. guess we didn't agree.

ABW Ambassador
    "Can you repost it in the private area for discussion?"

What private area? Did you guys move and not let Trust know

I work in boxers

ABW Ambassador
    What Trust said: If you are going to have private areas and exclude many off us you can all go and jump.

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

It was announced. People were told more than once what they needed to do to have access.

I have no intentions of jumping anywhere but into bed at the end of the evening.

Now you're talking my language Mrs B.

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH,
    I must have missed the announcement, hence I was asking Haiko for such a new private forum, but did never get an answer. . Could you please post the thread where the announcment was published?
    Thanks.

carneol

It is my understanding that the COC was designed to protect affiliates. If CJ does not want to enforce it, does that mean they are liable for our losses? On an aggregate scale, you figure Whenu/Ebates, etc have stolen the equivalent of half their commissons... what is that worth? Man, if lawyers could understand the Internet, they'd be all over this...

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, last year or so Brook Schaf was at Zappos. Did he leave for shoes.com? Or ist he still in both? BTW shoes.com is one of the most ugly reversers here.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    Brook is just at Shoes.com. I am yet to have a shoes.com reversal.

Know Google as you know yourself and you will live to fight many battles - Sun Tzu

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    BLFH Said: It was announced. People were told more than once what they needed to do to have access.

I have no intentions of jumping anywhere but into bed at the end of the evening.
    I apologise for letting my emotions get the better of me and making such a suggestion.

However your response is even more infuriating. I have tried more than once to contact (PM) people as suggested to gain access to the private affiliates forum. My requests were met with a wall of silence far bigger than any experienced at CJ AAQ. At least CJ responds more than 50% of the time.

This forum is a superb resource and is so obviously affiliate oriented. I understand that it is difficult to respond to everyone with such a large member base but if you are going to ignore and exclude certain members then have the courtesy to PM each other when you are referring to threads that we have been excluded from.

I don't know what else I could possibly do to prove that I am an affiliate and not a merchant. I would also like to believe that my small contributions to this forum are worth placing my requests for inclusion into the affiliates only private forum under reconsideration.

Very sincerely, DPG

DPG,

There is no longer a private affiliate only forum. There hasn't been one for many months now. I'm not even sure how long now, but at least 6 months. In fact, Haiko had closed it for around 3 months before anyone noticed. The reason he closed it was back there was no activity in it. You're not being excluded from the aff only forum.

ABW Ambassador
    There is a private parasite forum right?

I work in boxers

ABW Ambassador
    <<<<=== Grabs several pies and throws them in his own face. Ms. B my sincerest apologies. Here I am busily getting worked up about nothing again. Must be my favourite pastime.

Yes #1, but that was closed also because of leakage and violations of the confidentiality clauses.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH:
    "Good question for debate. Can you repost it in the private area for discussion?"

What private area? There either is or is not a private area. If not, posts like the one above shouldn't be made.

Trust,

You sent me a pm just a couple days ago and asked the same thing. It was answered. You seemed to have understood by your response to my reply at the time.

But I found the link I referenced in that pm http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...753#3926075753 Been on the boards all along.

ABW Ambassador
    Nevermind, you're right. I also sent you a message back and didn't hear anything.

I work in boxers

you did? will go check. you sent it to the abw best post screen name and i don't check there every day. will go look.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread