After wondering why my leads had just about stopped I clicked around through my eHarlequin links. The "Add to Cart" button on the landing pages of my main two links is not clickable:
    http://store.eharlequin.com/continui...l?PRODID=7115?

http://store.eharlequin.com/continui...l?PRODID=5097?

eHarlequin has not yet replied to my emails. Check your links (and those I have posted) and please tell me Im not crazy. OK, maybe I am, but please tell me I'm correct about this.

Good news! You're not crazy!!

The add to cart doesn't work on either of your links for me and they don't work when I click thru on my links either.

I'll send them an email too.

Hi,

I reported this to them back in April. My message to them is below:

--- Original Message Separator ---
    Hi,

We were about to use content link 5440157 / Newsletter Copy - Love Inspired Continuity. However, in testing the link, we noticed the "add to cart" button on the destination page is not functioning. The destination page is as follows:

http://store.eharlequin.com/continui...l?PRODID=5100?

I believe the "?" at the end of the url is causing the problem.

Best regards,
    Maria

The response I received was this:

Hi Maria,

The add to cart link on this page is now working properly. The ? at the end of the URL actually allows us to properly track affiliate sales, without it all of our links would end up on error pages.

thanks, Tammy

Apparently, Tammy at Harelquin isn't aware of the fact that the CJ PID and AID are used to track affiliates...

I also guess they aren't aware that in most instances, a ? in the url is used to pass additional information via the url -- However, in order for it to work properly, it needs to have the actual info to pass -- if it is just sitting there by itself, as is the harlequin case, it will just cause a problem...

I've checked the link over and over again these past several months and the problem has never been resolved. What are they thinking...

Maria

I have no idea what they're thinking. April?! This has been a problem since April?!

I have kept my same old links up for years with no problem. Only after I changed some to promote Red Dress Ink did my leads die off. Every Red Dress Ink banner and text link has this same problem. I also found a Intrigue link with this problem. You would think they might wonder why these new banners are not converting.

I think you're right about the question mark. When I access the landing page through the homepage there is no question mark, and the button works.

<sarcasm>Gee, at least you got a reply to your email. </sarcasm>

THIS would explain why they went from one of my best performing links to sweet bloody all lately.

I'll email too, but no response will mean good bye to a long term merchant -- I'm just not impressed with that!

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

It really is quite unfortunate that they are being so inept in this matter.

This link could have been a tremendous converter with our demographic, but I never used it because they never fixed it.

It really makes me so angry that they are so careless and dismissive in cases like this.

Maria

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Yep, my cj link cart button does nothing, so I went looking for new book merchants instead. Maybe this is why they never converted on my site.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ever wonder if Tami is just working her career towards something less demanding....like monitoring the Electric Grid in Ohio.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I just checked this again today, and the link is, of course, still not functioning which means they are still totally clueless!

Additionally, I checked every single link and product they offer, and none of them allow url redirects. Oddly, they do allow image redirects, which is totally useless without the url redirect functionality.

HEY eHARLEQUIN (AND TAMMY): GET A CLUE AND FIX YOUR LINKS!!!

I got a reply!

quote:
    Sorry about the delay, we have had some re-orginization here lately and now we are are playing catch-up. Hopefully the problem has been solved. If you are continuing to have problems, please let me know.

Andrea Hesse
    Affiliate Manager

Here is the landing page through my link for Red Dress Ink:
    http://store.eharlequin.com/continui...ml?PRODID=7115

The Add to Cart Button Works! I haven't checked the other links yet.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread