ABW Ambassador
    OK, I have read old posts and it seems you have to have sales in excess of $10,000 per month to get the feeds for free.

Is that correct?

I have asked a question at CJ to try to get the feeds, however I need advice. The whole feed is just too big. How big is it? I need to select certain merchants.

Can anyone tell me which feeds to stay clear of?

Also I need a general gift type feed. Anyone recommend a good gift merchant?

I know people want to protect their secrets, but any help in any way would be gratefully received.

Download Site Map Creator Today

Gift feeds suggestion:
    I use numerous gift feeds, no one feed sells better than another. Also the whole what is a gift? A gift could be a cappuccino machine or gift-wrap paper. To many variables to neglect any.

Questionable feeds:

PC MallAdvantage Network
    I all but died when I seen other affiliate program links within this data feed. And remember they are only offering 3% for some merchants you can obtain 10% if you go directly to the merchant. Not sure why they think we want watches or other stuff from a computer related feed.

MacMallAdvantage Network
    Same reason as above.

Kalyx.com
    All their links are old and revert you back to there front page. They do not stay on top of there feed.

AutoBarn.com
    All their links are old and revert you back to there front page. They do not stay on top of there feed.

A&E/The History Channel
    No categories, been waiting for them to fix it, been almost 2 months and still no fix. Great feed.

Software Oasis with CJ
    There feed is HUGE, and a lot of there links just do not work. Its best if you go inhouse, but I have not figured out how to get there feed to work yet.

Zappos
    Great feed, but the return rate is so outrageous might as well sell nothing. I am having no return rate with Shoes.com

This is just my small list of problem babies!

And yes to the $10,000 a month in sales.

ABW Ambassador

I contacted CJ about their feeds. I told them it was disgusting that they were offering us affiliates feeds that had not been updated in over 18 months.

They told me they were going to improve on that shortly.

I got my t-shirt
    Did I win the 200,000 post?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    Are the feeds still lumped together into one big one or are all feeds separate?

Is the maximum limit 5?

What happens if you want to swap a feed cause one of the 5 is crap, or merchant deactivates?

Download Site Map Creator Today

And how the heck do you use the feed anyway?

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Aparently (I forgot who posted this) it is possible to get individual feeds or all in one lump

I got my t-shirt
    Did I win the 200,000 post?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    And how the heck do you use the feed anyway?

Most peple use them with a data base of some sort.

quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon:
    I contacted CJ about their feeds. I told them it was disgusting that they were offering us affiliates feeds that had not been updated in over 18 months.

They told me they were going to improve on that shortly.

When I complained about it they told me to contact the vendors to get better results. I did contact JoAnn.com concerning there new addition images were not coming through. They are great over there working their tales off to fix the situation.

Love Joann.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You can get the feeds either broken down by merchant or all in one lump. After figuring out how to use the consolidated feed, I found it impossible to go back to having it pre-broken down and had them change mine back!

As for using them, you can just run 'em through WebMerge if you have them pre-broken down...

But if you get the huge feed and stick it in MySQL first, you can pull fields according to your desired criteria, sort them, etc. If scripting's not your thing, no problem--just having MySQL (and learning a few basic commands) opens up a world of possibilities for generating specific sets of data which you can then run through some EZ page generator to finish the job.

Lest I make that sound TOO easy, I'll make a note that some merchants don't put their data in a nice, standardized way and that there can be a goodly amount of time spent figuring out errors until each place's quirks are determined--and memorized enough so that you can compensate for them BEFORE they gum up everything!

MY PROBLEM FEEDS

Catalog City!!! This THING is full of exclamation points in some fields. L!i!k!e!!t!h!i!s! (Like this) Also it has a HUGE amount of products, that don't sell, and they update way too much. The thing would be huge in any case, but with all the !e!x!c!l!a!m!s the file size is about doubled. To add insult to injury, in order to generate a decent page off of that, you need to find a way to KILL all the d@mn exclams!

Solution: Their sh*t never sold for me anyway, so I dropped the program. End of problem! Also the end of about half the file size of the combined feed.

GADGET UNIVERSE: Don't hold your breath waiting for updates on this one. They recently put out a couple, but that's a rare fluke. Typically it's jammed with OOS stuff. Also they once re-uploaded an OLD feed (causing it to have a new "lastupdated" date, therefore causing w*rk)--without changing a thing that I could see!

KARATE DEPOT--Update?! Ha ha, har har har I don't think there's an IN-stock item in the entire thing.

AMEN WARDY HOME--Only one item is in the feed!

BACKCOUNTRY STORE--Constant updates! Fine if you have an automated system. Otherwise, a big source of w*rk! Amount of w*rk is disproportionate to returns.

JC WHITNEY--Sorry Rick, but COME ON...They make the List for not updating since January.

I know I don't like to do too many updates, but an *occasional* renewal would be nice. Not all the time, but not never either...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Catalog City,

You have got to be kidding; they are a regurgitation of an affiliate program. They are by far an old system that has lasted. Remember when they started it took some time but everyone finally started noticing they were actually affiliate products regurgitated through some magical software.

Now they do not even hide it.

Link

Homevision: Curtains
    And so on....

They have all kinds of programs in there Linkshare and all of them they have made me sick ever since they joined as a merchant. I caught on very fast and have detested them ever since, they are actually rooking anyone NEW who does not see it right away!

Dang I cannot believe people still sign up for them its sick.

I know .. I will start an affiliate program so you guys can sell my affiliate products at a reduced commission! Should I call my program Catalog City 2.

Watch out for these people, So CJ says they make sales. Well YA no one cathes it right away!

Merchants make money by there best performer Catalog City but do they know about you.com.. heck no they have no clue only that Catalog City is making all the sales!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Crapalog City's main point was that if a merchant died, CC would have a link that could be slapped up quick to keep the Google rank for a page and keep people from seeing nothing but dead links on the page. Then when a REAL merchant was found, the CC link would be replaced.

But for some reason CC didn't even convert for their % of a %, so when their feed sucked I sent them on their way.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread