Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Is it me or are things just slow? Sales have decreased tremendously in the past week with clicks down, but my traffic is pretty typical?

I was wondering if other people are experiencing a decrease in sales. Is it due to summer ending or what?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Things are improving here!

I've never known the end of summer to have a slowdown, but if you have a lot of summery stuff on your site I suppose it could be seasonal.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

160 dollars to go and aug 2003 will be officially my best month ever.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know how it's possible, with sales being very slow for the entire month, plus losing a few days to the big blackout, two more days lost to downtime and a server switch , AND lost rankings due to some really bad timing of the last Google crawl/continuous update (or whatever that was ) ,
    But, after all that mess , the $$$ is STILL more than July's , and we still have a few days left in August

rem - it's been really slow for me as well. One of my worst months this year.

I'm sure a lot of this depends on what area(s) you focus on.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    My sales this month at CJ are down about 10% from 2 months ago. Last month was only about 60% of the prior one.
    Independents and other merchants were stronger last month than this one.
    Overall volume is up a bit but wildly fluctuating. CJ is goofy again bouncing from a low of about .50 7 day to over 12.00 for about the 3rd time. Pounding my head against the wall trying to figure out the moods of the buyers has just caused a sore head, cuz I can't figure it out.
    Really spending more time tidying up some things and trying to figure out better ways to optimize my pages. My traffic levels still suck.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Did someone jam a widget in the CJ cogs at 15.45 or is it just me?

Today it has been very, very slow....Not a good sales day!

It's been my best month for me, but sales are spotty. Some really good sales days, interspersed with some non-existent sales days.

Apollo

quote:
    Did someone jam a widget in the CJ cogs at 15.45 or is it just me?

Last one here at 18:44 - the worst day I've had since October. Just thought I'd squeak a little too!! Maybe it will help

Abigail

* * Whimper * *

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately these tracking errors are affecting my main CJ PID number.

After a 3 week dry spell from my best converting CJ merchants, I redirected the traffic to another of my sites, and sales resumed instantly. Amazing, huh?

Since these errors targeted my best converting site, a scenario could easily suggest it was "intentional".

My merchants will be informed of my findings, and I see a possible mass exodus of merchants after the holidays.

Aside from such speculations and conspiracies, if these mishaps follow to my my other PIDs, Goodbye to CJ altogether.

CJ will come here after all this, and respond to a thread that praises them, but not to this obvious BIG problem.

Spy Kids to the rescue! !

ABW Ambassador
    Go figure, finally 2 sales from a merchant that has had nothing for the last few days. Usually we have at least one sale/day from this merchant. Our total affiliate sales are still good for the month, it just seems that CJ's are down a lot. Last month was a record month for us which was weird considering it was summer and most people go away. I'm just hoping that sales are down the last week or so only because of the blackout, weather (it is hot as heck here), and people enjoying their last few days of summer before school starts.

Sales have absolutely dropped since the 25th! I was having a slower month anyways, but went into the 25th with $611.38 (less then half of June and July, and bolstered by a $120+ 23rd and 24th), and in the last 4 days have a total of, drum roll please, $2.05!!!!

What an absolute pitiful month! By the way, sales at BeFree are on par with the previous 6 months of $1200.00+, Linkshare is average, and the independents are average. Only lagging sales are at CJ.

I was speaking with a web-hosting company who goes through CJ, and was told they don't get all the sales reported to them. I made a test purchase in July, and the CJ servers never reported it as a sale to them, but, when I gave log in information, they found my order! I wonder how many other sales were "lost" with other CJ merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was speaking with a web-hosting company who goes through CJ, and was told they don't get all the sales reported to them."

It's great that some merchants will share with affiliates these kind of things.

What eats at me is when merchants leave CJ and tell how that certain CJ affiliate accounts were being credited for sales that their affiliates should have been credited for.

A recent posted e-mail here at ABW to a CJ affiliate, showed CJ tech people describing that such affiliate's sales could possibly be going to a different PID. (CJ, tell your tech people not to correspond with affiliates, because it ends up on ABW)

If the tech people are claiming a possibility of this happening, then I take it they have experience with this happening in the past.

That, coupled with what I have recently witnessed with my accounts, I highly suspect that very thing happening now.

Whether it is intentional fraud, or a great technical mishap, I find it interesting that CJ will not touch this major flap with a 10 foot pole.

I see how all of you affiliates are flooding in here reading around lately. Many of you thought things would be back to normal by now, and now you're alarmed.

Some of you have been lucky to have PIDs not affected by this. I have alot of such PIDs, but my big one wasn't so lucky.

All through the blackout, the viruses, and all, the other networks and inhouse programs performed beautifully for me. CJ is the only one that seems to "be affected by such things".

Rest of the month has been good for us, but yesterday was SUPER SLOW. way below average

ABW Ambassador
    I have tripled the number of web pages I had two years ago, but I am making less (through CJ). Recently, as I stated in another post, my click-throughs were higher than average, but I was having a low number of sales. For instance, I have not made one transaction through CJ today. These "no sales" days are getting more, and more frequent.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

I have switched almost all of my active pages (sales generating pages) entirely away from CJ to SAS and Indys. This is my best month ever. No kidding

I am starting to think that I can't afford to w*rk any more because I make more staying home w*rking on my pages and that they don't pay me what my time is truly worth. LOL

I just have two merchants left at CJ that are doing squat. I would switch them out but CJ is the only place I can find comparable merchandise that is parasite free, so far.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I'm gonna drop CJ if they don't fix this problem.
    Somebody is getting the benefits of hundreds of clicks.

CJ, apparently, from what I have read here, encourages merchants to sign up with and pay parasites for YOUR traffic instead of paying you. I've never heard them deny that they encourage merchants to do business with the parasites at your expense. And, you ask why you make less, now? Come on. Do you need to be hit over the head with a two by four, or what?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

@Heyder: Really? I seem to recall you starting a thread called bullsh*t aimed at poor CJ results. Doth thou protest too much?

@WW: Love the new avatar, just love it. Brings back memories of hunting walleyes on Lake Erie.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

This post is not intended as criticism of CJ.

As a personal observation of stats, my current experience is almost no sales for months, which has been the norm.

What I have observed this month is about a 30% decrease in impressions and hits both, so I'm thinking the world has slowed down for a while.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

I have been doing SEO for over 5 years now and I make a nice living at it. CJ at one time was where most of my income came from (Thankfully I no longer have to rely on them.)

I work about 14 hours a day buiding new sites and promoting more CJ merchants. My income from CJ was steadily growing until January of this year.

Jan - $5,500
    Feb - $4,400
    Mar - $4,000
    Apr - $3,500
    May - $2,900
    Jun - $2,500
    Jul - $1,800

I certainly DO think that something is not right at CJ. I no longer build sites for their merchants or actively promote them. I think that many publishers are heading in this same direction.

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

quote:
    Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    @Heyder: Really? I seem to recall you starting a thread called bullsh*t aimed at poor CJ results. Doth thou protest too much?

@WW: Love the new avatar, just love it. Brings back memories of hunting walleyes on Lake Erie.

Karl Smith
    _http://www.phillyburbs.com_

I don't know what happened

Actually to clarify the situation. My complaint in the bs thread was low earnings per click. What happened and why this is nearly my best month is I've more than doubled my clicks.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Actually to clarify the situation. My complaint in the bs thread was low earnings per click. What happened and why this is nearly my best month is I've more than doubled my clicks. ~Heyder
    SNAP! Actually, as of this morning this is officially my best month at CJ ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast