The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    How come people rarely list their websites when they post a topic or reply here?

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow themed gifts and collectibles

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Site copiers and protection from some ABW members not above trying to get their SE competitor's pages PRO'd in the google rankings by spamming BIG G with those pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Mike

All the Cow Parade MoochandiseÂ*members are very concerned about page theft and suck. Mike is right!

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Adam,

Which Mike are you referring too ;-) BTW, I own http://www.moochandise.com so I guess I'm allowed to copy from myself ;-)

Mike & Charlie: I don't worry about such things. I spent 5 years now working on my site, , getting reciprical links, and it is constantly changing. Someone want to duplicate my site, by the time they got it right, I would have improved it to something better, they would always be one step behind

I look at sites all the time, if I like it, I do incorporate what I like into my site. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Mike

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ermm..it's called copyright infringement and it's illegal. Unless you have express permission from the site owner to "incorporate" anything from their site into yours, it's a big

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

I'm not talking content, just style and ideas. For instance, in the real world, your walking down the street, you see a fruit store with an awning protecting the fruit. You think, hmmm, that is a good idea and get your own awning. They didn't invent the idea of awnings in front of a store. Putting an awning infront of ones store is not a copyright offense.

Mike

Our URL is out there for all ABW members to see. Easy for us, since we don't use a lot of SEO for traffic and don't rely on AM for a bulk of our revenue. I can undersand many others being a bit more protective.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    Site copiers are a biggy especially with the evolution of Datafeeds. Rather than spend time categorizing and rewriting product links themselves, many affiliates will simply come to your site and suck your content for their own use. I know of a great number of sites that use my labour.

There is no way on earth that another site could be using identical ereg_replaces (PHP lingo) and product labeling and categorizations as I do as well as the same layout tags. margin widths and other things.

I don't use a merchant's categories and go to extensive lengths to build a database driven page that will target a categorisation of my choosing sometimes having to list products by name due to poor descriptions on the merchants part.

A site copier gets all these benefits by just copying my code.

My advice is keep your URL to yourself.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread