I find it amazing that it takes some affiliate managers over two months to respond to emails. Back in April I sent out emails to most of my merchants via CJ mail and I'm just now getting responses from some of them 2 1/2 months later.

I guess this kind of falls right in the same category of merchants who don't approve us for nine months. Checking my Pending Applications, I have three from last September I'm still waiting on, one from November and one from December.

It's amazing any of these companies are still in business. By their EPC's, it's obvious they are not doing all that great. (Wonder why?) LOL

If any Affiliate Managers for the following companies read this post, you may want to get off your butt and check your current applications:

FractionPrice
    GK Elite Sportswear
    Amazing-Bargains
    Booksontape
    Mothercare

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Throw WebVitamins on the list. When I applied, there were no comments at ABW about them. But since then, there have been some disparaging remarks (with no defenders, as I recall) so maybe it's not so bad that my app for them has been rotting since January!

~Revenue is King

Ron,

I emailed Fractionprice several times with no replies. I was getting pounded for something they carried and they looked like the perfect match for my site. That kind of told me how their program would be. I think, but I may be mistaken that when I looked at how often they batched it wasn't very often. I did just looked and see that their last batch was June 2nd. Sounds like they have a lazy affiliate manager or owner who just doesn't give a sheet about the program.

CJ IMO should be dropping them a warning to get with the program or get out JMO of course

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

quote:
    Originally posted by DaPackster:
    CJ IMO should be dropping them a warning to get with the program or get out JMO of course

CJ should be getting after these merchants. It's a few lazy one's who don't seem to care about their programs who give the rest of us a bad image. I don't think it would be too hard for CJ to run some in-house reports and see who has applications pending for months.

It probably costs CJ more money in lost commissions than it costs the affiliates. In many cases, I'm sure a competing merchant on another network is selected after the affiliate gives up on the CJ one.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

My worst was a direct program.. mail'd them 5th Jan asking if I could join, they replied 30th May.. they did let me join but I guess that had to think about it a while

ABW Ambassador
    How does one go about deleting the merchant once in the application status? After waiting several months on a few I wanted them off my list but see no means of deleting the deadbeats . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Unfortunately many affiliate programs do not have a dedicated AM. Many are managed by an online marketing manager who wears too many hats to focus on the affiliate program. Some even just have an admin type running things.

If you guys run across a good program with a good product that you think has good potential, but seems to be understaffed (or non-responsive) in the affiliate department. You might drop them a line that you know a good outsourced affiliate manager that may be able to help them out.
    Just send them to my site and tell them I offer a free consultation. I'm pretty selective about the programs I take but if I work with them I would give you a finders fee. (Hey maybe I should start an affiliate program!)

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

I'm available!

All I Ask Is A Chance To Prove That Money Can't Make Me Happy!

Well, it appears that GK Elite Sportswear reads our posts here (even though they don't look at pending affiliate applications). After nearly nine months of waiting for them to approve me, they turned me down. LOL

Enough said.

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    Well, it appears that GK Elite Sportswear reads our posts here (even though they don't look at pending affiliate applications). After nearly nine months of waiting for them to approve me, they turned me down. LOL

They just turned me down too. I applied so long ago that I didn't even remember ever applying!

Mothercare is on my long time pending list too.

I had one turn me down with no reason last week. I emailed them giving some basic stats of my site asking if they'd really even looked at it before rejecting it. Two days later, without so much as an email back from them, they'd switched me to the approved list -- I deleted THEM.

eHarmony -- they would email me monthly asking me to join their program. When I finally did, I was rejected LOL. I didn't even bother to ask why, I've just now filtered out all my incoming email from them so I don't get the requests to my inbox anymore. I figured if I kept seening them, I'd write a less than stellar reply one day soon

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

EntertainMe.com finally responded to an email I sent them in April. Gee, only took them five months to respond.

I am just simply amazed how seldom some affiliate managers check their CJ email.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread