Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I wrote another post here: that talks about a possible solution to getting around the adware programs that block CJ host files.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=3066066504

This comes from a post over on WMW and someone also made this comment over there:

"Also be aware that one of the most popular personal firewall software has a default in its parental controls setting to block all links to Commission Junction because it considers the entire network to be a gambling site. Thus, anyone surfing with this default in place is blocked from following any CJ affiliate links."

Does anyone know if this true and which firewall it is and how to get around it to ensure CJ links don't get blocked?

Maybe this person is wrong, but I think it's worth checking into.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Been a while but I think I had to adjust the defaults of ZoneAlarm to verify my affiliate coded links.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I assumed they were talking ZoneAlarm, but wasn't sure. I just set it up. I will try to do some testing.

5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

Hello,

I have multiple cj links that do not appear to be working right now or for the past couple of hours. I went on other affiliates sites and many of the cj links just time out. Occassionallly they go through.

I have zone alarm on my computer but have never had problems before with my cj links. Is there a problem today? Is anyone else experiencing this?

CJ and Qksrv are trusted in my firewall. Befree and Linkshare links are currently working.

Ron

I just checked a couple of my CJ links with ZA running and didn't have a problem.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

would you mind testing just a few links on my site so I can see if it is my computer or my site that is the problem. For example, on my home equity page, the link on the right side button just keeps spinning around.

wizardofloan.com

Thanks
    Ron

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The blocking of ZA is through their privacy feature. When I installed ZA the default was for the privacy thing to be turned off. Same with the ad blocking feature, it's default is off.

As far as blocking CJ because it is considered a gambling site... All ZA states is blocking of 3rd party cookies used for tracking. They don't get any more specific about what is being blocked in the settings. And ZA doesn't have it labeled as Parental Controls. Least not in my ZA, but then I don't have kids.

Could be they are talking about another program. I don't know what Norton's firewall program looks like.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Loanwizard,

I clicked on several of your CJ links and the one's on your equity page. All went through for me just fine. No problems at all. Could be something on your computer. Are you running any type of ad blocking software yourself? Have you run some type of spyware removal software? Many of these do some type of blocking as protection also.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Thanks for testing Ms. B, I really apppreciate it. It is good to know that the links do work.

I have run adware softare and nothing is there. I have had nothing but problems with Windows ME although was fortunate to avoid that dreaded email virus that is attacking my company. Perhaps it is time for me to get Windows XP professional.

My zone alarm is the free version and I am wondering if the problem lies within that.

Ron

ABW Ambassador
    LoanWizard, I have Zone Alarm and your equity page button is working just fine as far as I can see.

LoanWizard,

Try checking your IE privacy setting, particulary the security zones to see if anything is being blocked there. Also check your host file and prefs in ZA. Not sure if the free version of ZA has the cookie and ad blocking features though.

DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread