Hi All,

"True" affiliate marketing newbie here after an expensive few years in the world of mlm with the deceptions and lies that go with it.

Should of entered this type of marketing from the get go.

Anyway , let me get to my question. I applied and was accepted by a few advertisers. After viewing a few links:

IE: =http://www.qksrv.net/click-xxxxxxx-zzzzzz]http://www.qksrv.net/click-xxxxxxx-zzzzzz " target="_top" >snip

I noticed that xxxxxxx remains constant, which I imagine is my CJ affiliate ID number, while zzzzzz will change from one html code to another.

Well, this is what I want to do but don't want to do anything that will screw myself out of commissions from the start.

Can I select a product image from one of my advertisers and link to it??? Assuming that there is no code for the product I want from the "Get links" reference. I am not sure what I would put for zzzzzz for that product or page.

Can it be done?? Or do I have to use what they provide to assure proper credit??

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Dirk

[This message was edited by Dirk on September 08, 2003 at 08:12 PM.]

Hi Dirk,

Most of the merchants from CJ have an advance linking capabilities that you could create to what ever products or category you want with or without the image.

There's too many issue's about tracking already, which I rather use the advance linking they give rather than mess with the code.

But of course it's just my opinion!
    Someone more experience will come along and help you more.

Good luck.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

quote:
    Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    Hi Dirk,

Most of the merchants from CJ have an advance linking capabilities that you could create to what ever products or category you want with or without the image.

This I didn't know and something that would be my answer. I will check into it.

Thanks Nova! You just pushed a newbie to CJ in the right direction.

Hi again Nova,

Success!

Just wanted to thank you again for pointing me on the right track. Didn't take long to figure out once you told me what to look for and read up on it.

Now I am no longer stymied and might actually get my site up and finished this week.

Then I can jump in on the cookie bandwagon I am reading about in the other thread....not just yet.... things to get done finish first.....

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know." -- Pete Buchmann

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread