For those of you who live in the Boise area... More specifically Broadway and Parkcenter, you will know of the Broadway Albertsons. Well, I was in there earlier today to get some of that famous Albertsons fried chicken and some Dr. Pepper. (I also got the Neptune Salad... Delicious) anyway, while cruising the aisles I saw little signs that had UPromise on them. Apparently Albertsons is promoting the UPromise shopping site. I wonder if they really know what they are supporting.

Maybe if this thread gets long enough and explicit enough, a top exec. will check it out and know exactly what they support.

Until then, I am no longer shopping at Albertsons. Chicken or not. Winco (formerly Waremart) is the only way to go.

Later
    Steve

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

BTW, I was in and out really fast and didn't find out exactly what the promo was. I'll get more details, but I am sure it was a promotion.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Steve,

You can register your credit card with UPromise. Many corporations in all kinds of areas participate. Grocery stores and particular brands are just one area. When you purchase these items from participating stores with your registered cc then you get the cash back savings for your kids college education.

That whole part of UPromise is not the problem. The problem is their downloadable software which can be used when you shop online.

UPromise has many areas to their ovreall program.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    fact of life. Upromised is pushed by over 900 brick-n-mortar comapnies from major gas stations to department stores and even restaurants. Anyone wanting to outsource or startup a loyality shopping program is fair game for their telemarketers. They are definitely a equal opportunity commission grabbing operation....where the payouts for College are well off in the future.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

steveinid - Safeway also promotes Upromise...

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    fact of life. Upromised is pushed by over 900 brick-n-mortar comapnies from major gas stations to department stores and even restaurants. Anyone wanting to outsource or startup a loyality shopping program is fair game for their telemarketers. They are definitely a equal opportunity commission grabbing operation....where the payouts for College are well off in the future.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know something about everything? Amazing.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I devour information like a thirsty sponge. Then regurgitate it, even when not specifically asked for the output. Basically a PITA within a forum where many often do not want to hear adverse opinions or knocking their agjenda spin off kilter. On occassion I do challenge myself to change my mind when presented the facts.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread