Well,

We have around 500 pages on the Internet on many subjects. Without a good, helping revenue from FastClick, we would be just nickel collectors for eBay. The eBay registrations have also disappeared. Since I am a mathematician, by profession, I can tell you that the CJ statistics defy elementary human intelligence.I don''t know whether this is CJ's fault or not, bUt I do know that CJ doesn't give an ... eBay nickel for what we have to say.

huhu

quote:
    Originally posted by huhu:
    Since I am a mathematician, by profession, I can tell you that the CJ statistics defy elementary human intelligence.
    huhu

boy is that an understatement!

ABW Ambassador
    Ours have been chugging along at their normal rate. Do you have new or repeat visitors?

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    We have around 500 pages on the Internet on many subjects. Without a good, helping revenue from FastClick, we would be just nickel collectors for eBay.

A "good, helping revenue" from FASTCLICK?! You must have tons of page views, to make serious money from *them*...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

That's true Leader. About 12-15,000 impressions per day. By the way, all we got today from CJ is 5 eBay-nickels and a zero-eBay-registration. Since a few weeks ago, all the zero-registrations vanish without trace. I mean that they never materialize to real $5.00-ones.
    It is really totally absurd to think that people all of a sudden have gone crazy and buy absolutely nothing via our advertisements! People don't just behave like that. They have a very uniform, and many times predictable, behaviour when it comes to using banner advertising. We have been watching them from 8 years now, although I have known this all along from simple statistical observations and facts.
    I can also say that it looks to me that the scripts on the CJ server get continuously clogged up from the fantastic overuse. That is why many times our colleagues up here receive sudden spurts of income in a totally unexpected way. A few eeks ago, I reported up here that when i clicked one of my tags on CJ, I saw about $111.00 of revenue from MY advertisers. I never received that revenue, and I never received a response from anybody on CJ. The revenue disappeared a few hours later. This is the behaviour of overworked scripts. I believe that a tremendous amount of
    revenue gets lost because of stuck scripts that fail to register the proper transactions thousands of times daily.

huhu

ABW Ambassador
    As I asked in my question, if you have repeat visitors with low new visitors, ebay will have significant diminishing returns.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    About 12-15,000 impressions per day.

From 500 pages. Wow... (ducks expected jabs from c*ntent-people gloating about their sticky sites)

Not knowing what kind of CJ ads you have other than eBay I can't really comment on what you're seeing there except to say that return buyers also don't count for much if "Action Occurances = 1" on your programs. AO = 1 only gives credit for the first purchase a customer makes from a place.

As for the overworked scripts, I haven't seen that kind of weirdness (disappearing transactions) at CJ, but I know that scripts can do all kinds of oddball things under pressure, so I won't deny the possibility of it either.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Leader,

We have pages on Credit, Cell Phones, Golf, and manyt other things. eBay is there in order to facilitate the user's buying options.

huhu

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread