ABW Ambassador
    I have Jack's permission to reproduce this email in full. Kudos to Jack Kotowski and Zappos!

----------------------------------
    Dear Affiliate,

Due to our human error yesterday, tracking of transactions for the Zappos.com program with Commission Junction was lost from 4:00 PM Aug. 28 to 8:00 AM PST on Aug. 29, a total of 16 hours. We have verified this period of time with Commission Junction.

Working with Commission Junction, we are running a program, using the entire month's data up to this point, which will calculate proportionally what commissions you would have earned during this period of two thirds of a day. We will then manually credit you with the equivalent of a full day's commission. The extra 50% is our way of hoping to make up to you any inconvenience this may have caused.

We greatly value our relationship with you, and we appreciate your understanding while we perform the necessary work to complete this plan.

Please accept our apologies for the error. You should see you account credited some time today.

Regards,

Zappos.com

------------------------------------------

ABW Ambassador
    I forgot to mention... KUDOS TO COMMISSION JUNCTION

Yeah, unfortunately they are my No.1 too on the 10th of each month.

But kudos to Jack for his honesty and prompt action nonetheless.

And isolated incident notwithstanding, I think this pobably serves as a good example of the need to check with the merchant directly whenever one suspects something is amiss, regardless of the assurance from our trusted third party that tracking is never affected.

VAN.

I was wondering what that bonus was for. I just dropped their links last month because every single sale, OOPS with the exception of 2 sales for 3 months reversed.

I really had about all I could take of the reversals.

Now they show they are very considerate, well if they ever find a way to get rid of the reversals (stop paying for returns). I will definitely sell their products again. I miss the large variety and great customer service they provide.

Yet, I Do Not miss the reversals!

Wow! I got one too. Don't remember seeing the message, though.

Yep Got this mail too,

lol @ van - the 10th of each month definetely is no 1 for zappos.

Anyways most of us would never have known the tracking downtime if it wasnt for the prompt mail.

Great work Jack

General Exports

Click here
    to Join the DiscountShopFest.com Affiliate Program- Now offering 10% in commissions on sale. 20 Year Cookie, Parasite Free,
    Over a 1000 hot products and more...

[This message was edited by General Exports on August 30, 2003 at 12:10 AM.]

In every single instance I have ever found a merchant not to be tracking sales for however long or short a period, there has either been an ignore/runaround, or notification that the problem "has been fixed". With no compensation to the affiliate, so it has not been "fixed" at all.

Zappos has once again proven to be the class of the field. Hats off to Zappos. There are not many merchants I trust intrinsically, but my faith in Zappos would be difficult to shake.

I made a good chunk of change with zappos in the past but I can't handle the pressure of loosing 30% every month in reversals.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Looks like something could be wrong with Zappos tracking again ..

Has anybody recorded any new zappos sale after 15.30 today?

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

ABW Ambassador
    my last was at 22.22

ABW Ambassador
    I think Zappos is an extremely nearsighted program. They automatically reject international affiliates - HELLO, the internet is global! Only a fool would assume because an affiliate is Australian, their visitors would be Australian. I don't even have an Australian domain name.... guh... it annoys me so much.

Yes I tried emailing and explaining the fact that my visitors are mostly from the USA (as are my merchants) - they didn't even respond.

I was forced to drop Zappos over a year ago after practically every sale I ever made was reversed. Very depressing. Hope things are better there now.

quote:
    Originally posted by SamyT:
    I think Zappos is an extremely nearsighted program. They automatically reject international affiliates - HELLO, the internet is global! Only a fool would assume because an affiliate is Australian, their visitors would be Australian. I don't even have an Australian domain name.... guh... it annoys me so much.

SammyT,

I had an Australian affiliate once that drove me crazy. They did not want me to send a $25.00 check because it cost them $15.00 to cash it. It was better if I waited until it was $100.00. It was not an easy task separating payment just for him.

Then he would complain every month about how long it took the mail to get him the check. Of course he was one of only a few that did not have direct deposit. Why he thought I new why the mail was so slow! Go figure!

Not to say you are like that, BUT that is a reason why I would not accept Australian affiliates any longer.

Maybe that fart went to zapoos and ruined it for you also! Hunt him down and kick his butt!

ABW Ambassador
    So much reversals, that a bonus ( 50%) of the tremendouse amount of $0.44 rests.

carneol

last one here, at 11:41 pst which would be 14.41 est.

Abigail

Now I am convinced squeaking helps! Just picked up a sale.

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Not to say you are like that, BUT that is a reason why I would not accept Australian affiliates any longer.

Ok, so here we have one turkey - but I would not and have never reacted that way.... I am flexible, I've ever accepted payment via pay pal and ate the fees without complaint. I lump my US Dollar cheques in together... the first one costs $10.50, but for two it only costs $10.80.

Just coz he's a moron, doesn't mean everyone is - by not accepting Australians, there are sales being lost... some of us take this quite seriously.

hey all,

I think we should all give them the credit for their bonus. I never noticed that tracking problem (maybe because Im on holiday). but we actually dont see this kind of things from the merchants often. yes they reverse but I still like them and use them. you can all drop zappos so I can sell more - and got more reversals - but in the end even the remaining revenue is enough for me to keep them at least for now..

-NO WAR-

I just signed on with Zappos.com and am very interested in all the drama that has been taking place. Has anyone talked with Zappos about all the reversals?? And, do they have a rep that reads these forums to see how people feel about them??

Thanks for all the good info

Fairies And Things.com

Animal Lover
    SamyT

I'm Aussie too - which bank do you go with? I've had problems banking US checks - A$20 a pop for NAB...

Oscar

Justsomegirl -

The reversals are a part of life in this racket. Zappos reversal rates are pretty normal for the type of products they sell. They only get special attention and affiliate anxiety because instead of processing the reversals one-by-one as they come along, they just save them all up for an entire month and BANG!!! all at once they open the floodgate.

That makes sense. I think I would be shocked as well if I didn’t get this heads up.
    It's good to hear that their reversals are basically normal. I was worrying. I am new to this so I want to make sure I am making the right choices

Thanks
    -Janine

Fairies And Things.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread