This may already be common knowledge to a lot of people, but it's something that I was unaware of. We recently ran a test campaign with Findwhat. Findwhat allows you to bid for position (CPC) campaign which is similar to Overture or Adwords. However we were very surprised to learn that the top 3 listings on Findwhat are also often dished off to Whenu.com. This was a total suprise to us and we felt as if it was not properly communicated to us at all. Being a compnay that is opposed to the current operations of these parasiteware companies, this was not good. Hopefully this post helps to inform other people that have not heard this yet.

Josh

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Findwhat, Looksmart and Knoodle all syndicate their keyword listing to the theftwarez folks. They drive no traffic on their own and have resorted to draining advertiser accounts with lame search/shopping bar traffic based upon "incentives". They also monitize with the BHO's all linking methods to a merchant's site double dipping your Ad budgets and assuring themselves of defeating poor cookie durations and diversion tactics.

BHO's are totally adept at raping any merchant thanks to the lame AM's running their programs.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Looksmart is one that I haven't heard of. I know they had worked with Whenu back in FAll 2002, but had discontinued the relationship because of the flack they received. Who are they working with?

Josh

ABW Ambassador
    was just reading a thread over at iafma.org about them partnering with findwhat to help pay the bills. I think i read that right over there. Maybe they need some education over there?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

They are just "keeping it fair" for themselves, oh what a tangled web we weave ...

FindWhat has been a known ParasiteWare partner for over two years now ... geez!

===============

Josh,

Show me an affiliate link on Looksmart that is higher than a commissionable [to looksmart]link. They started with static (paid) merchant listings and then decided in Feb 2002 to immediately move them all to their commissionable links and then push the others down on the list.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh@1-800 Hopefully this post helps to inform other people that have not heard this yet.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, they (Findwhat) just started an affiliate program at CJ as of last time I logged in...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>They are just "keeping it fair" for themselves,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

FindWhat scammed me out of a ton of money. They sent the traffic but pretty much no one clicked on anything on my site or visited any pages. I looked at my reports and the most unlikely words has hundreds of click throughs. Words that Overture shows getting less than 5 clicks per day I was getting 200 a day. I can go on an on about how appearantly fraudulent their system appears to be, but I am sure you will hear it from many others on here.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Those are the millions of forced clicks generated by Findwhat's BHO partners appearing in hidden off screen pops/unders or in their 1x1 pixel page viewer....
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

When L$ was partnered with M$N, we used them a lot for some rather large campaigns. As the split progressed, traffic slowed and the quality went down a little bit but it was still an ok deal.

Once the split was done, the traffic started to go back up but nobody converted. In some cases we were getting more traffic after the split than before it. Natually, all LookSmart campaigns were pulled.

I don't trust that company and would not use LookSmart again.

FindWhat has actually performed ok on a few client accounts.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread