Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Now I am very worried, this is not the well known kazza-lite blocking links, this software is directly removing the entire CJ link from the screen so I am receiving these type of messages EVERY DAY!

quote:
    We would like to buy this XXXX XXXXX..... HOW? there is no link to purchase or number to telephone....
    Best Regards,
    Robin

quote:
    I wanted to buy a XXXXXXXXX but there is no place to click to buy it on your web sight.

quote:
    I'm looking for the link to buy the xxxxxxxxxx. Nothing on the page
    > seems to connect to the link to purchase this product.
    >
    > I'm coming from the page
    > http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/xxxxx/xxxxx.asp
    >
    > can you help me?
    >
    > thanks

quote:
    ....but there is no indication of how to buy.

quote:
    (This user can see the preceding "to buy click this link" but not the link itself)
    How do I click on the link to buy the xxxxxxxxx xxxx?

quote:
    I am interested in purchasing this xxxxxxxxxx but can find no way to purchase it. How do I place an order. It is not on the web page. Please help me. Thank you.

quote:
    trying to order on http://www.xxxxx.com/xxxx/xxxxx.asp

there is no link to follow?????

quote:
    I found your web page for xxxxxx xx xxx for $236.

Where and how do I order it?

Steve

quote:
    I have attempted three different times to find the "click on" pictures you
    say are at the top of the page.
    The very top of the page says, "xxxxxxxxx:
    (click on the xxxxx color you want to buy)
    Next line reads in red: xxxxxxxxx, etc.
    I can scroll down your page but there are never any pictures on which I can
    click to go farther into the ordering routine.
    I appreciate your answer but finally opted to order from the XXXXXX site and
    "gave up" the $xx less you offered although I still get free shipping.

one with happy ending..
    quote:
    msg1- There are no links on the page, even though the instructions say to click on
    the color you want to buy!

msg2- These links you e-mailed me worked. I don't know why the web page doesn't work for me. I've not had the problem before. Thank you for helping out - I did order the product.
    M.L.

links and images with links are also removed
    quote:
    I have tried to purchase a xxxxxxxxx but there are none on the page to click on. Where are they? The copy says that the discount offer is available through xxx. It is still that date. Please respond. Thank you!

Then I receive lots of well known kazaa-lite blocked users who do see the link but can not reach destination because hostfile like...

quote:

- When I click on the site below, my IE6 goes to an empty page with the following address in the address location...
    - where you say to click to go to the link to buy doesn't work
    -link broken to xxxxx. might want to buy but can't get there.
    -I've tried clicking the link to buy the xxxxx
    http://www.x.com/xx/xxxx.asp but the link does not work. Is there another way to place an order? Since the sale ends today I'm hoping you can reply before midnight.
    -When i clicked on the buy link, it said that the page could not be displayed. Could you help me?? Thank you Karen

And ocassionaly some users who click are redirected to another site which is not my merchant!

But the link removed issue is getting horrible!

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    I am getting a lot of strange "Found the product but don't know how to buy from your site" messages in the last few days and I don't know how much easier I can make it short of stapling the link to the end of their nose.

Keep us posted!

Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.

I even got a screenshot sent along with a "how do I buy this product from your site" e-mail and was shocked to see 3 CJ text links and 1 120 x 60 box (all for JC Whitney) completely invisible, no red X to see either, it was just invisible.

For a moment I thought it was kazaa but I'm sure it was an ad blocker. Good thing that I sent the direct link by e-mail to him because the sale was there the next day.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

Norton Personal Firewall removes CJ links, including text links. Some firewall users may not even be aware they have this enabled (I wasn't, and I was shocked to find text suddenly missing from my site.)

I'm perplexed about why CJ doesn't take some action to address this. My CJ sales have fallen a lot in recent months and I'm sure this is one reason why. Norton is damaging CJ's business for no apparent reason; doesn't seem right for Norton to summarily decide that Internet users should not see TEXT links a webmaster chooses to put on his site.

I have had these complaints as well. One of my Customers found out that it was Norton Internet Security software that was the culprit. He turned off the Ad-blocking option and was then able to see my products. Also, some browsers come with ad-blocking software built-in. This is affecting sales! I get at least 10 emails a week complaining about this, just think how many potential customers can't see the link to buy and just leave!

Tami

"Norton Personal Firewall removes CJ links, including text links. "

To me, this is a pretty big issue. Combined with problems with CJ cookies, and the CJ spider. Time to re-evaluate...

Fred

You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

What I really can't understand, let alone..tolerate... is that CJ does not take a stand on this other than Todd saying something like " I won't comment about these so called conspiracy theories".

BULLSH*T!!!!

There IS no conspiracy. There are simply many tracking issues which desperately need to be addressed. This is not sopmething that can be put on the back burner. There are MANY people losing a ton of money over this, including myself, hence the harsh language.

I swear that I will strangle my dog if I ever hear Todd mention "conspiracy theories" again. There is definately something, maybe many things, wrong with CJ. I put in too many THOUSANDS of hours of work into CJ merchants to ignore this problem. Todd, CJ, respond please.

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

if the case is true,
    how about using re-direct
    or choaked affiliate links.

http://8n.nu

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    EasyMoney your comments and observations do reflect the truth of this matter. Norton anti-virus is a must have to protect ones computer from the e-mail direct marketing spammers, hackers and demented losers seeking their moment in history via a computer virus outbreak. No great leap on logic to say the very came folks who demand & buy anti-virus S/W also see the purchase value in Ad-Blockers, Adware/Spyware detect & removal tools and anything promising a death to Ad Whore's plan to hijack their computers and e-mail boxes.

I'm not involved in e-mail marketing so I can care less if that industry impales itself on their greed tipped spear. I kinda like the fact that the affiliate enabled merchants e-mail specials get blocked or thrown by accident into POP3 trash Bin. Many of those e-mails overwrite my referral cookies anyway, and it dilutes the Merchant's plan to circumvent paying referral commissions by plastering their sites with popups crying "signup for our e-mail specials" before the shopper even looks over the site and products. I see killing all these pop Ups&Unders and trashing e-mail specials as a plus for value-Add product sales affiliate webmasters.

CJ and the other networks cannot ignore the problem the growing popularity of installing or bundling of Ad-Blockers -Spam Traps -Spyware cookie blockers and demand to eliminate BHO BROWSER SPAM from their systems.rolmao ...The more the Ad technology Whores push the greater the reaction from the actual consumers. As that unfolds those very same Ad Whores, treating the pre-sell targeting efforts of dedicated affiliates as dime a dozen cannon fodder for procuring EyeBalls, will have to start kissing our butts to get showcase exposure by revising their conversion/diversion tactics.

WakeUP networks we know we don't get paid for advertising ...only sales or direct action. Norton/Semantics just wants to add features to entice more bucks and could give a rat's ass about blocking CJ's links from working as they see the Advertising tracking cookie and those lovely BHO drive-by/bundled applications trashing their buying publics systems. The BHO's and e-mail marketers are loved by those selling Ad Whore rubbers to the masses demanding this crap stop. It's time to weed the garden networks. I'd start by eliminating the spamm front end middlemen, BHO driven incent/loyalty programs and showcase your merchants who can show they convert targeted traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Im curious, has anyone actually contacted Norton and requested why these links are being blocked from view?

Proud member of the Internet Affiliate Marketing Association and gladly affiliated with EPage, Aluria Software!

ABW Ambassador
    My two centavos:

If 10,000+ members here contacted Norton & CJ not much would happen.
    While lurking in CJ threads here I note that nothing ever seems to happen.

If 1,200+ MERCHANTS were to get involved, I think that something might happen.

How many of you network guys/gals are in direct contact with your merchants?

Bradley,

You would think CJ would have their lawyers contacting them and all the other companies that are doing this. You would also think that CJ would have a new tracking system in place to avoid this. JMO

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

I just did my own test with norton personal firewall - and he really does kil those qserv links - the bastards - wish I knew how long this has been going on.

Also he will take out dynamic links that contain "ad", "ads" "advert" etc. So if you have a link like www.yoursite.com/newpage.cfm?ad=specials it will be ignored.

On the good news side (if you can call it that) doing a redirect (cflocation in coldfusion, header in php) you can get around the block.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Richard

This is a really horrible , but important thread!

1) Are all qksrv links (and banners?) removed by these softwares?

2) Would using mydomain.com/xyz not be blocked (ie how does the software know what text links to block...)

3) Has anyone just added to their pages some line like, if you don't see the links to click in send me an email? Maybe that's a good idea if it's too big a pain to change multi affiliate links on a page...

The real question is why are CJ links being blocked by a respectable company like Norton, what is in them to trigger the block?

wow I can post again....

ABW Ambassador
    Could someone be so kind to post whether Norton blocks Google Adsense text links, Performics, and which ever other networks.

A couple of things we might consider when using CJ links is ...in the case of text links, only put the merchant's URL, or Merchant Name in the text link itself, and not the surrounding text. That way as not to benefit the merchants without being credited for it in the case of ad blocking.

Secondly, posting on our sites that if you don't see any links for products listed, you must turn off your ad blocking software. Why not even give them a page with instructions on how to do just that?

Obviously, avid shoppers are going to learn rather quickly to turn off ad blocking.

The peasants and paranoid will just help EPC by not being able to click what they wouldn't or couldn't buy anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by kelly626:
    Could someone be so kind to post whether Norton blocks Google Adsense text links, Performics, and which ever other networks.

They probably won't dare to mess with the big "G"..

-------------
    Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    The real question is why are CJ links being blocked by a respectable company like Norton, what is in them to trigger the block? ~ BPBS
    The only reason I can come up with is that that links have been tagged attached to advertisements delivered via desktop parasiteware and are therefore seen as related to aggressive unrequested pop-up marketing. Which is what the Pop-Up/Advertisement blocking software is designed to combat.

If this is truly the case then CJ does not have a valid argument to companies like Norton to ignore CJ links.

Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.

Norton seems to allow google adsense to go thru

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks ...and Performics, SAS, and the others?

For anyone that has this software, could you check this? On CJ links that don't show up, is the impression link posted along with the CJ link? Does the CJ link show if the impression link is NOT there?

The reason I ask is, could Norton be blocking the links because they consider the impression link as spyware? Just a thought.

Linda
    quote:
    For anyone that has this software, could you check this? On CJ links that don't show up, is the impression link posted along with the CJ link? Does the CJ link show if the impression link is NOT there?

Good Question.
    please help

http://8n.nu

Ok folks. I downloaded the trial version and installed it. The results REALLY suck for us. I will attach a picture to this post.

I installed it with 100% default settings. At first it did not work. Only after I turned on Ad Blocking did it affect my CJ links.

Commission Junction links are history with this. Anything that was hyperlinked was missing. You will see from my picture that even the wordage and pictures are gone. This not only removes the link, but everything in the link too.

I tested BeFree, LinkShare, Performics and ShareaSale links also and they were NOT affected.

I viewed the source for the affected HTML code and everything was missing. I encourage EVERYONE to download the trial verson from Norton and test your sites.

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

So much for the conspiracy theorys, eh, Chet, your his lapdog, get in here and defend this slime ball provider.

I told ya folks, I know wtf Im talking about! Yes some of you have made some money, but that was just to keep the scam alive!

Commission Junction is Allied WITH GAIN! this isnt just some cookie issue, Norton has obviously found something very sinister about those CJ Links!

You all owe Aluria Software an apology!

wow I can post again....

quote:
    Originally posted by Linda:

The reason I ask is, could Norton be blocking the links because they consider the impression link as spyware? Just a thought.

I can answer my own question now.

It doesn't matter whether the impression link is there or not. ALL CJ links and graphics disappear unless you have them redirected so anyone with this installed on their computer will not be buying thru your CJ links.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast