Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    3 freaking dollars today? WTF is going on?

Not a good candidate for post of the year btw.

[This message was edited by Heyder on September 03, 2003 at 10:29 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder, you did better than me.

Way better than me. I havent earned nothing for 5 days now.

For the last week ...

CJ =

AF =

[EDITED - for the record, this is not a slam on CJ]

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

For the record something is going on and it's nothing to do with my site or traffic.

quote:
    Originally posted by Heyder:
    For the record something is going on and it's nothing to do with my site or traffic.

You have no idea how much i would like to believe that, but some of us are still earning.

Heyder:

What do you think it is? Our CJ results have been poor, but not the worst they've ever been. Is CJ planning another up/downgrade? Have they decided to arbitrarily give eBates credit for 90% of all transactions? Is this the 200,000th post? Will Gordon ever get his t-shirt? Uh-oh, got off track there ... anyway, what's your theory?

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    Me too. I have made a whole 55 cents in the last two days. Sales, over all, have been bad this week. My gift site has had great click-throughs, but no conversions.

By the prickling in my thumbs, something wicked this way comes

I think the "technology providers" are stealing traffic, and commissions again. The same thing was happening back in the holidays, and around mothers day - traffic, and click throughs were there, but not the sales. What special time of the year is it, now? My gift site is getting good click-throughs, and decent traffic. However, as it was before, no sales.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Keep in mind that a large part of the BUYING population in the US has been unable to get online and even now with the power coming back on this is still a disaster for many people who are trying to recover. I also think a lot of people who are not in the northeast are tuned to their TV sets.

Irvs sales have been surprisignly good and steady despite all this so it does not look like CJ tracking is an issue to me. But for those of you who are seeing a dip - it could be partially a matter of what area of the country your traffic typically comes from.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing High Paying 5 Star Affiliate Programs ~ Visit our NEW ABW Forum
    Irv's Luggage ~ Executive Essentials ~ DentalPlans ~ IntellicontactPro ~ zZounds ~ Roadloans ~ MORE!

Linda:

True. But we have a Northeast audience and have continued to see good results from our AF links during the blackout period. Maybe people aren't buying, but it seems we have a fair amount online.

Heyder - interested in your thoughts since it's your thread!

Karl Smith

quote:
    Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Keep in mind that a large part of the BUYING population in the US has been unable to get online and even now with the power coming back on this is still a disaster for many people who are trying to recover. I also think a lot of people who are not in the northeast are tuned to their TV sets.

But i havent seen any slowdown in traffic. People are still coming to my site, just not buying anything.

my stats is ok for the last week... 3-4 sales/ a day

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    But i havent seen any slowdown in traffic. People are still coming to my site, just not buying anything.
    That's because the frigging "technology" providers are overwriting cookies, again. At the last minute, as your visitor goes to the advertisers site, the "technology providers" are popping up coupon codes, and overwriting the cookies that would have given you credit. This is the same crap that happened around the holidays, and mothersday.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

Except for today, the past four or five days have been great here. Today traffic is either down because of the blackout or they are running behind on the clicks and impressions reporting, sales are down also.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I didn't want to be the first one to say "sales are fine" in a thread like this, but since you did...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Chuck:
    That's because the frigging "technology" providers are overwriting cookies, again. At the last minute, as your visitor goes to the advertisers site, the "technology providers" are popping up coupon codes, and overwriting the cookies that would have given you credit. This is the same crap that happened around the holidays, and mothersday.
    [QUOTE]

Could be. Lets see… This is the middle of August, so they get 60 days to divert commissions. That takes them through the middle of October. So they get the back to school and Halloween sales. All they have to do then is come into compliance for a day, then their software mysteriously breaks again for the Christmas season. It is amazing that their software never credits sales to us when it breaks. You would almost think that someone planned it this way. But chin up. There are 365 days in the year, so the Code of Conduct gives us 6 days to make some money.

That said, I’ve had a great day. I actually got a sale for $0.00. I’m off to Disney Land.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

I've been slow (on CJ) since Sunday. However, today is going OK

Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optomism to have posed the question in the first place. (John Cleese: Cheese Shop)

ABW Ambassador
    I am not that person to say: sales are good today. They could be better each day

Heyder, did you profit from our deal?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    I have earned over $600 in the last 4 days. However, I only earned $2.99 from CJ

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

wooo hooo made another dollar!

Ok fine something is happening on my end since you all are doing business as usual. Just a fyi though yesterday was not a 3 dollar day for me. I don't do 3 dollar days.

Here are todays available stats so far (they are a little behind):

Totals $2.75 sales 0 leads 1 clicks 279 imps 2,396 ctr 0.116 epm $1.15 cr 0.004 epc $0.99

new report as of 3pm

Totals $3.80 1 1 346 2,763 0.125 $1.38 0.006 $1.10

This is pathetic!

[This message was edited by Heyder on August 15, 2003 at 04:04 PM.]

Heyder:

See, a 33% increase in revenue!

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be looking for more of what was found with ShOp.com. I'm not convinced that somehting still is left in limbo with that crap because two of the pages I saw of mine that were hijacked, they have never started producing sales since "the networks supposidly resolved the issue".

And by the way...... I did post a "high parasite alert" just last night too . As usual, these blips are usually associated with "parasite partnering merchants". My "committed merchants rarely have the issues and blips I see with the others". .

Good luck in "tracking" down your problem. BYW, sales are good here too but it sure ain't from the pw merchants .

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yea.....

Check your stats and traffic.... check the links of your "producers" (they might be down) and finally..... You better go run and put the prices back on your datafeeds

Whatever they are doing to Heyder they are doing to me

Nah dude I fingered it out

It's stacksandshacks, they don't produce sales till you ***** on abw. Made another buck since last post. That's five for the day pals, beer is on me. Where's Ron to serve em up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast