Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I want to know how CJU can be FULL?

All I ask is how can that be? Can a person not grab a flight and chat up the people there? Or is CJU only full cause they say so, similar to there tracking. OHHHH that’s the numbers and we say so?

Yes I am being anti CJ for a moment only cause I think CJU being full is the most stupid thing I have ever read. Could I not say – Hey Jon I will be there I did not get in on time but can we have a meeting?

Or could it be hey Sandra CJU is full I cannot meet with you, so sorry if you want to sell my items and chat with me. DANG sham CJU is filled.

What about ABW. – Hey Jon I am at ABW there is no admission fee unless you want special attention. I am here 24x7 and all your affiliates are here 24x7.

But hey go to CJU and only meet what less than 1% of the people that has nothing better to do than travel!

But then again I am just a butt head and write doo doo

Almost forgot to add that no one can do a conference online like cam or others. Dang guess we are not on the net. So bite your excuses.

Keep feeding the airlines and the hotels.

[This message was edited by SandraR on September 19, 2003 at 02:21 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Umm.. they plan the event for so many people. When they reach that number - it is full. Not really sure how in the world that is an issue. If you have an issue with this, I have to ask, do you question the same about movie theaters? Concerts? Baseball games?

Chet

Chet, we are online, we have cam we have text we have voice. What the heck are you thinking?

CJ is an online Pay for performance. HBO kinda thing. DAMN did you turn off your TV?

CJU can go pay for show, they can we have an alternative.

Haiko would love a pay for Chat or pay for Cam or what ever. Dang what rock did you crawl from under? Yes Haiko I copied this I expect residuals.

I am thinking this: Hakio

$1 to view
    $10 to have type access
    $20 to have cam
    $25 Cam with Voice
    $50 to be just as if you are there

And if you think my legal did not see it .... LOL he wrote it.

[This message was edited by SandraR on September 19, 2003 at 02:54 AM.]

SandraR,
    Have you ever been to CJU, or one of the other Network events? I think if you had, you wouldn't be saying what you posted.

Also, there are fire codes, they do allow only so many people in buildings...They also had to let the resort know how many people..

I find these conferences to be invaluable. This is not my hobby, it is my business. I have met a lot of people and learned a lot from those people. There is just something more personal about meeting face to face.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Connie,

I normally go to DC for the infrastructure conferences. So I do know--but I also attend to those I cannot make by paying my $50 to get in on cam with voice.

Do not write me off as a short sited person.

I am simply used to advanced techs, not CJU kinda - or Stupidity

[This message was edited by SandraR on September 19, 2003 at 03:14 AM.]

I can understand how with some types of events that this would work, but with things like CJU or the Linkshare Symposium I don't think it would work very well. There are just too many things going on at once.

Plus, there is the matter of the competition sitting in on it...

I would have no interest in the conferences unless I could be there in person. That is just my opinion. I look forward to seeing old friends..and enemies!

Connie Berg

Connie,

Are you saying that the CJU is no different than Mary K... Dang you have to be there to appreciate it.

Give me a break.

We can pay our $50.00 and be there.

Its you that promote the concept of flight hotel and extra fees that make it stupid!

Ohh wait,

I need to spend the 1800 dollars to get to California, then the 80 a day to sleep somewhere and the 20 a day to eat before I can understand what CJU is all about…

Connie can I just send you that money so I understand?

[This message was edited by SandraR on September 19, 2003 at 03:58 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    It's got to be an invaluable experience. Look what CJU attendees bring to ABW. Can barely get my head around the stuff. It's truly amazing.

I know, we can imagine it being like an Amway convention ...motivational speakers to get us going and thinking bigger ...or we could just check our CJ balance and have that motivate us.

I've got my plane ticket right here in hand ...seems it's a blank piece of paper. I suspect Norton did it.

If CJU is taped, I would like to buy the video or audio tapes. Well, just send me to shots from the bar.

I would much rather pay the money to go to CJU than pay it out to uncle sam in the forum of taxes. There are things call tax write offs and I need them..

Also, I would not trade any of the personal friendships I have made at these events.

I met Haiko, I met Anne, whom we even went on a family vacation with this year..

Look, I am not a CJ Cheerleader, I have all the merchants I can that are at both CJ and Performics thru Performics. I go for the in person experience, and heck if it wasn't for some of these conferences I would never get out of the house.

I like to have the chance to listen to speakers and then afterwards discuss it with others that are there.

Kelly, I am a CJU Attendee, are you saying that I don't bring anything to ABW?

Gearshopper goes, does he bring nothing? I know there are lot of others...I guess our caring enough to go in person to try to make a difference means nothing. We should rather sit here and ***** via the internet? Wow, I have see that accomplish alot...

I would rather spend my time talking to CJ merchants in person and explain my concerns instead of sending off ranting and raving emails that they ignore.

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra maybe you shouldn't post so late, you seem to get more moody the later it gets. All 5 of your posts you had to edit, that more than i do Get some

Trust I am just waking, thats why I am such an ass. Give me some day light and I get nicer!

OK CJ comp me and I will show up with bells on!

ABW Ambassador
    Even though I am not planning on attending CJU, I can understand why it would be more valuable to attend than be able to conference in on it. However, instead of CJ using the wording of "full", they should just give a deadline to register (like most conferences) and then charge more for late registrations. This is what most organizations do. From prior years data, they should be able to figure out approximately the number of people expected.

They should not however, limit enrollment. It should be easy enough to accommodate everyone, even if they need to find other venues to use due to occupancy rates.

Before kids (it is way TOO early for me), I taught at a community college in their distance learning department, and let me tell you that there is a big difference being LIVE with students in front of you (I always had some in front) and having students at 10 other locations at the same time. It is harder for them to participate than those in front. But for some people that was the only way.

I'm sure eventually, CJ will go for the bucks and sell videos or how to videos of CJU.

For all those going, enjoy! At this minute, it'd be nice to leave my 4 kids behind and go to CA for a few days. Oh well, the reality of parenthood!

Hi,

I can't wait to go to CJU. This will be my first time there and I hope to meet our affiliates, other merchants and get some tips. I plan on sharing what I learn with my affiliates and hopefully I can improve my ability to manage them.

Theresa
    SeaEagle.com
    (newbie to this site)

CJU is full because we can only accomodate so many people. Concerts sell out because there are only so many seats - CJU sold out for the same reasons. Putting on an event requires planning and we planned for 300 hundred people. If we were to let 400 people attend, there wouldn't be enough hotel rooms, space in the conference center, etc. Plus, those that do attend would not get as much out of it if it were too large or poorly organized. FYI this year's CJU is the largest, most well attended ever. So we are allowing more people to attend than in previous years. Lastly, we took registrations on a first come, first serve basis. Those that signed up early, are attending. Those that waited or delayed missed the registration. The ratio this year is 55% advertisers, 45% publishers.

I wish everyone that wanted could attend, it would make for a great event.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

wouldn't catch me at CJU, have you seen the photos... lots of suits

midnight:

as someone who wears a suit most days, i'll try not to take that personally!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well events like CJU could be huge successes if they were geared for teaching all affiliates-AM's and Merchants how to covert targeted traffic into sales. I look at the agenda of speakers and subjects and concluded it was all about advertising "Tricks for Clicks".

They'd need a bigger venue if Andy & Charlie teamed up as a keynote speaker. ( Charlie doing all the talking mimicking Andy's thoughts) Hell I could get rich just running a Charlie autograph memorabilia booth if Paul Nichols would volunteer to be there. $1.00 donations to see how many times Charlie could put a sunflower seed between his eyes at 10 feet would pay our way!!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    The ratio this year is 55% advertisers, 45% publishers.

Wow!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    If you really want to go that bad, why don't you try a scalper at the event? Or check eBay for tickets.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Personally, I wish I could afford to go, I am sure I could learn a lot. I do not always see eye to eye with CJ, but that's okay, I'm sure there's a time or two they'd like to smack me upside the head as well.

Developing only one or two new merchant relationships from a seminar like that could pay off big time. And you don't really do that by reading the notes later.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

ABW Ambassador
    Frankly, I was expecting a response somewhat close to this one.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...183#4776056183

I guess Todd is mellowing out.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

quote:
    _PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper._

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

Happymoon

Ummmm
    cough
    ummm

That RED!

PLEASE

You are hurting my eyes!

quote:
    I wish everyone that wanted could attend, it would make for a great event.

Is there a waiting list for those who, at the last minute, would want to come? Not for me, of course but for others here who might want to know that kind of information.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Darn, missed the deadline. I am only 20 minutes south down the 101, any way a local guy can get a seat, even though it's full? I'd really like to go - this $50 is burning a hole in my pocket.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast