SearchKing have for a while offered a linkable script webmasters can use to disable eZula TopText on their sites:

http://www.searchking.com/ezulakiller/

Unfortunately, they now seem to be abusing the trust of people who've linked to it by replacing the script:

http://www.searchking.com/servlet/ezulafix

With this:

document.write('&lt;script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.3" SRC="http://ads.x10.com/730x310x0101111110/c3NlYXJjaGtpbmdwdTEuZGF0/1/SK"></SCRIPT>');

Which opens pop-up ads from X10, and, the last time I tried it, attempted to drive-by-install some kind of spyware ("ClearStream Accelerator" - I haven't investigated this one yet). To add insult to injury it doesn't even bother try to stop TopText any more.

Suggest anyone here still linking to SearchKing stops doing so immediately.

--
    Andrew Clover
    mailto:and@doxdesk.com
    http://www.doxdesk.com/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    AM's should be smart enough now to realize never to accept an affiliate in the search or PPCSE business. The search bar affiliate is a parasite by just being in the search industry. He can't complete without parasitic relationships with AOL-MSN- Google-OverTure-Yahoo. Thinking cap folks. Just like any P2P network wank ...they have to steal to make their living.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

"Just like any P2P network wank ...they have to steal to make their living."

You are way off base here. Maybe you aren't capable of competing in the search or PPC industries without stealing, but that doesn't mean others can't. Bad affiliates are bad affiliates - period. I market all of my affiliate programs via SEM and some PPC. I don't overwrite cookies or employ the use of parasites to gain sales. In fact, of the people I am close with in this industry doing affiliate marketing the same way I do, I don't know anyone who does. And I hate to tell you Mike, but AM's drool over affiliates who can rock the organic SERP's, so don't hold your breath on that one anytime soon. AM's are smart enough to know that affiliates who can effectively rank in organic SERP's and run profitable PPC campaigns are going to outsell the ones who can't hand over fist.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OH your so quick of whit Chrisnrae. I said anyone in the search and PPCSE business have to resort to being theftware supporters ...just like the P2P networks. That means folks like Looksmart -Findwhat -Knoodle -and 5000 other PPCSE script sites feeding those BHO shopping bars. Hell Overture powers Gator's searchscout along with others. 180Solutions combines the best of all Ad Whore worlds incuding sleezeball affiliates wanting to hijack sales from other affiliates.

We all know which AM's you talking about who can rock the organic SE listings. Hope my campaign to get cookie cannons banned sets you back a little of your one of those types. Slurp the SERPs while you can and then go the way of the doddo bird.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

"We all know which AM's you talking about who can rock the organic SE listings."

Actually, I wasn't referring to anyone specific. I know plenty of people who can rock the organic SERPs. As I said above, bad affiliates are bad affiliates. It doesn't mean ALL affiliates who can rank well are doing it in a deceptive way. Even in industries that seem to draw deceptive affiliates, honest affiliates who are GOOD at what they do can succeed.

"Hope my campaign to get cookie cannons banned sets you back a little of your one of those types."

I thought my statement of "I don't overwrite cookies or employ the use of parasites to gain sales." was pretty specific.

"Slurp the SERPs while you can and then go the way of the doddo bird."

LOl, will never happen, but do all the wishful thinking you want. Sure, things change, but I plan on moving with the tides. But while I am on vacation next month, I'll be sure to reflect on that comment.

You sound very bitter Mike - unfortunately you direct it in a totally unproductive way towards a lot of people who don't deserve it.

It seems you can't accept that honest affiliates can make damn good money without deceptive tactics - I can only guess that you must have no personal experience that allows you to understand that it IS possible.

[This message was edited by chrisnrae on March 09, 2004 at 10:38 AM.]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread