Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone seem to have any issues with sales today? I bought something from my own site (from a reputable merchant) early this afternoon and the sale has never shown up. Additionally, my husband's site has a lot of visitors today, but no sale. (He usually has 10-12 sales/day). My site is too new to notice any problems, except for the fact that I purchased something.

Btw, before anyones suggests it, this is a merchant where affiliates are allowed to buy through their own site.

If it's a batch merchant, the sale might not show up until the next time the merchant updates transactions.

If the merchant doesn't batch transactions, I'd say you might have a problem...

Andy

3. ABW Ambassador
    They don't batch sales. What a pain. Maybe I should cancel my order before it ships and reorder the merchandise and see what happens.

Has anyone tried that before?

Welcome to my world for the past two days...

I started a similar thread yesterday and the general concensus there was the ebates/Top Moxi thing but I'm not sure.

Anyone else want to come on board with their story?

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

This does not sound very encouraging. I am just getting started, and this isn't helping the outlook any.

Any thoughts on how to retaliate back if it is ebates or Top Moxi

Reporting is humming along just fine today. In fact one lucky SportsFanfare affiliate got themselves a $55 commission on one sale today! rem, when you say *reputable* what do you mean? (many well known merchants are known to have *tracking issues* ...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

Reporting is not humming along fine, I received an order for over $1,600 for eqwip and since then tracking is just out and out crazy. Sales that are not supposed to be batched won't show up for a day or 2.

There is definitely something wrong! I am goign to call them in the morning.

Ok, just posted an order myself and it showed up fine... But only one other sale all day? I have Top Moxie installed just to see and no hijack??? I am really confused. My traffic is still up. What the heck is going on?

Over 1000 visitors today and one sale? I have been averageing anyware from 10 - 40 sales per day. Usually around 20.

I think I will just go to sleep and hope this week isn't a sign of the coming holiday trend???

--Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    When you do your test purchases ...I'll tell you something that I do to insure the test is valid.

I start with an empty cookies folder on one of my computers that is used for test purchases. Upon clicking through to the merchant, I check the cookies folder to ensure that a qksrv/commission-junction cookie has appeared ...Then go on to make the purchase if the cookie is present.

CJ links don't always set cookies. It's sort of like accessing a site and noticing a missing picture file. You refresh the page and it then the picture appears. Remember, if the merchant's CJ cookie isn't present in your cookies folder when you purchase, you will not be credited with the sale.

Another problem that can occur even if a cookies appears, is that there is an error with your machine reading back the cookie. (e.g. If you have updated from Windows 98 to XP, this can occur.)

My challenge is when sales stop for high dollar item merchants. You can't just buy an extra camcorder or digital camera everytime you want to test such a merchant.

Additionally, you can't always blame it on the merchant I've learned. I have multiple sites and noticed that certain site PID numbers don't have their sales properly credited to them. If I change that site's PID number with the PID number from another one of my sites, sales resume.

There are a variety of possibilites for a lost sale ...cookie not set ...machine does'nt read back cookie ...CJ software errors reporting sales to your PID ...merchant not reporting sale ...etc.

Oh, and of course a parasite stole the sale. Almost forgot where I was at.

Retired Member
    Wednesday is usually a slow day for me.

Mon Tues - Good
    Wed - slight dip
    Thur Fri - Good
    Sat-Sun - bigger dip

But today is about half my usual Wednesday. And all the sales are from Merchants who are off of the parasites radar.

Retired Member

Very Slowwww here today with CJ but it might turn out to be the third best day overall for the year with all the other merchants combined. Only 2 sales with CJ on the day

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

I'm with you DaPackster. Fantastic day. But, mostly due to a seasonal item. (not CJ)

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

quote:
    Originally posted by Smoke Eater:
    This does not sound very encouraging. I am just getting started, and this isn't helping the outlook any.

I hear you loud and clear.

I got into this CJ wagon about three weeks ago but started building my site before I even came here. Now I am so far into it I will want to find out what happens myself now. So much that seems to be wrong its incredible.

I have to say that when I first started reading a lot of these posts, it reminded me of the ole saying:

"Don't on my leg and tell me its raining."

Now I have to wonder as a lot of these type of posts pop-up everyday it seems.

Guess I will find out soon enough.

Javi, what you get me into. lol I'll make some money, even if I have to learn CGI scripting ...............

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

[This message was edited by Dirk on September 18, 2003 at 12:41 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Since I am new to this, it could be some screw up on my part. But I know this merchant will follow up and figure things out. My husband set up a data feed for me and he is the expert at the whole affiliate thing. I am slowly learning the ropes and getting things going. Unfortunately, I don't understand most of the technical stuff, so hopefully no one else got credit for my sale, since then we know it would've been a hijacked one.

Thanks for all the comments. My site has virtually no traffic as of yet, but this commission would've actually put me over the $25 threshold (i've been sitting at $24.50 for a week or so) and figured I could bump it over with some stuff I needed.

As for my husband's site, it has still been a crummy day for him (no sales at all) and that just doesn't make sense.

ABW Ambassador
    I am happy to report that the merchant manually credited my account. The problem came from CJ's end. Now I'm waiting to hear the explanation. This should get interesting!

rem wrote:
    quote:
    The problem came from CJ's end. Now I'm waiting to hear the explanation. This should get interesting!

CJ made a mistake? CJ never makes mistakes! At least the merchant took care of this for you, which is exactly what they should have done. Sounds like they appreciate what their publishers do for them...

Andy

17. Full Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by REM:
    I am happy to report that the merchant manually credited my account. The problem came from CJ's end. Now I'm waiting to hear the explanation. This should get interesting!

This tracking problem would have never been known if it wasn't a purchase for yourself.

Rem, let us know what CJ has to say about this, if you would be so kind.

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

ABW Ambassador
    No problem, Dirk!

It irritates the heck out of me that since it happened when I bought something, (and mind you, this is actually the 3rd time this has happened..all different merchants..no credit for sale..) it must happen quite often.

My site has virtually no traffic, so I'm pretty sure it hadn't happened to me yet, however, my husband has a 5$ rating and does quite well, so I'm assuming it has affected him. Especially, since he had nothing from CJ yesterday and had average sales through his other affiliate programs.

Hey Everyone,

As you know, I've been complaining of the same and did complain to CJ.

Here's a snip of their response...

quote:
    Our product links were down for part of yesterday and the day before. This would likely explain your decrease in sales. They are operating now, please let us know if you are still having trouble.

Now, to what level does that effect everyone? Don't know, that was my next question. Still waiting for a response.

--Mark Twain

REM,

Curious to see if you heard the same type of response as I listed above?

--Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry Sammy, I went through the merchant directly. But like I said earlier, I don't get much traffic anyway, so I'm sure I didn't lose any sales.

My husband IS going to look into it though since he gets lots of traffic and uses product links and had no sales yesterday.

We will let you know the outcome of that. If there is any.

REM

I am very concerned about CJ's ability to track and credit affiliates with their rightful sales. Before we "just" had to worry about parasites stealing our commissions, but now we have the added worry of software companies blocking CJ links. I wonder what is the true percentage of blocked and stolen commissions . I have brought this up with my main merchant and they are looking into this matter.

ABW Ambassador
    JJJay ,

You know those sporadic "great sales days" at CJ with sales coming in throughout the day ?
    Sure you do , and I'm thinking ... that's probably like what EVERY DAY should be , if not for some "other" unknown factors .

IMO, We are losing more sales than we are getting , and it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

quote:
    Originally posted by Lisa:
    JJJay ,

You know those sporadic "great sales days" at CJ with sales coming in throughout the day ?
    Sure you do , and I'm thinking ... that's probably like what EVERY DAY should be , if not for some "other" unknown factors .

IMO, We are losing more sales than we are getting , and it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

I do get consistant sales but I also agree that a lot of sales are lost due to thievery and blocked links.

Even though they (CJ) said product links were back up, my site is still not producing like it has been on average the past few months. I have gone from 20 or so sales average to 5 or less and it looks like today will be the same.

1300 visitors yesterday and 3 sales, 4 sales so far today with another 1000 visitors. I have an independent merchant on another site that I am still making sales with but the traffic volume just isn't where I need it to be on that one yet.

I'm gonna start feeding new merchants to the search engines but it's still depressing And it doesn't help that the AM isn't responding to me.

--Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast