ABW Ambassador
    Anyone else have a sinking EPC? In the last three weeks, I have seen a daily decline of my 7day EPC. I have gone from about $13 down to $8.50 with no changes on my end.

My stats represent a solid number of merchants with a large number of clickthroughs. My traffic is fairly heavy and transactions are still processing..

Anyone?

You’re not the only one. This month started out with a bang, but it looks like it’s ending with a whimper.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

ABW Ambassador
    Same here,
    Epc is down $2.00
    My sales are up the last few days. I'm glad a few merchants plugged in their tracking device the last few days.

considering its the weekend, I'm content for this moment.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

Had been steady, but now edging downward. Just hope it doesn't start spiraling.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

I've seen a dramatic increase. 7 day EPC last month 11.87. Last week 32.58. This may be skewed due to a couple very large sales to Nigerian merchants paying retail prices for products for their brick 'n' mortar stores.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Down... Yes, Down... Very Down...

And I was hoping for such a good 4th Quarter. We'll see.

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    mine had been dropping for most of the year, but is up pretty good the past couple weeks

ABW Ambassador
    Mine is fine, you shouldn't be looking at 7 day EPC, should be looking at 3 month, much more accurate. A big sale here and there can make that 7 day jump around quite a bit. I look at 3 month, which pretty much holds steady, and balance, which slowly rises each month.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Mine is fine, you shouldn't be looking at 7 day EPC, should be looking at 3 month, much more accurate.

Well yeah, but I am talking about a three week decline. If you only look at your 3 month, you will not spot a problem for months. I do more than enough transactions to 'smooth' out a large transaction here or there.

What else is there to be expected when sales are being hijacked by non datafeed theftware affiliates waiting to suck the lifeblood out of you with their bho applications of accursed violations on the macaroni balognia express give a dog a bone trombone.

How was that?

BTW 7 day epc x12=3month epc so yes it is quite accurate.

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone at any given time will either experience a decrease, an increase or remain the same. Nothing out of the ordinary in that. Some affliates EPC goes up, some goes down, some just stick around. So when you ask is anybodies EPC going down you will always get somebody saying yes. You can start another thread asking if anybodies is going up and you'll get somebody saying yes. Answer is always yes.

Kind of like the stock market.

You know very well what the problem is. Why do you question your own common sense? Hoping it is just a fluke or "Maybe, it's just me." won't make it go away.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

Yep we all do know. THing is it's kind of addicting cashing those nice paychecks.

So TrustNo1®, you feel that it is all just a toss of the dice and all these parasites, Norton et.al have had no impact and are NOT causeing the EPCs to go down, right?

quote:
    THing is it's kind of addicting cashing those nice paychecks.

You can STILL do that, Heyder. Recall that only a short time ago I was so thrilled to break $1.000? I am working on $1,700 this month. OK, I'm small time but still, 170%! You know what you have to do.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 22, 2003 at 03:25 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I frame my affiliate links so parasites are not a problem i have. Norton, don't know, just know my EPC is doing fine.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

TrustNo1®
    It might be helpful if you wrote a tutorial explaining just how one frames affiliate links. I am sure their are inquiring minds that want to know.

I know this may be a very broad question that is hard to answer but here goes -

On average what is your sale/clickthrough ratio.

Mine has gone through the basement I'm afraid. This is another reason I keep thinking something fishy is up... My traffic (and clicks) remain high but my sales have slipped off the radar!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

Too many merchants from too many sources to really follow that number. That would be w*rk. I just watch the bottom line. That's mostly a CJ thing.

Besides, my expectations of different merchants are different. I expect to show a $3000.00 product to quite a few more people than a $3.00 before making a sale.

quote:
    You can STILL do that, Heyder. Recall that only a short time ago I was so thrilled to break $1.000? I am working on $1,700 this month. OK, I'm small time but still, 170%! You know what you have to do.

I'm working my way towards others sources but I meant I can't see myself pulling down pages that are driving income to my pockets.

Also 1700 is not small time at all. In fact welcome to the upper crust.

Heyder, I have NEVER advocated that people chew off their own arm by pulling pages that are working for them and putting food on the table. Who would do that?

What I mean is that whenever you build anything new, make a good choice. In a very short time, many old pages will die, merchants will move and so forth. If a lot of people are thinking in the same direction, in less than a year, this strategy will get the job done as far as greatly reducing the pages parasites CAN steal from at the same time increasing your earning potential.

Additionally if new merchants have a tough time getting GOOD affiliates to sign up at CJ the word will soon get out causing merchants to also make better choices before they are in so far that they can't get out.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of pages we all create in a year and how many of them get high rankings for almost every product under the sun. If we all decide not to make pages that feed parasites and other scum, it will have a major impact while giving us each a better crack at putting a little jingle in our pockets.

And, at this point, I do believe affiliates and merchants are already moving in this direction. You can make a big difference by doing this simple thing. Just look around when you decide what programs you are willing to invest the hours of your life in and find a good merchant, either indy or from a reputable network.

Right now, the best decision is the selfish decision. Only make new pages for merchants and networks that will pay you every cent you earn.

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 22, 2003 at 07:48 PM.]

I understand exactly what Sandra is saying. Right now I'm changing to part of my site to a new merchant at a new network.

This part of my site has never performed very well for me anyway, and I don't really understand why, so I really have nothing to lose at this point, but I'm going with a merchant that has an anti-parasite stance and on a network other than CJ, so there will be less CJ ads running to get blocked, intercepted, etc.

Andy

There you go. At the very least, this will answer some questions you have about those pages if the performance is unchanged. And, there is also the chance that it may raise some REALLY BIG new questions if it suddenly starts performing.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread