The "Run Reports ¬Ľ Invalid links generating traffic" area in the past displayed the unique numerical character code for such links. Now it appears that the numerical link code is not being displayed. The numerical code is the one unique character string that a publisher can search-on to find any appearance of a links requiring removal. Can't do that with a descriptive identification of the link. It would be a stupid decision for CJ to exclude that numerical ID from the "invalid links" report display.

I just checked my CJ stats and found that I had several recent sales from an invalid link left from one last years Christmas pages. Funny thing is that all my valid links for that merchant have produced nothing for 2 years. I think I'll leave the invalid link up.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

CJ responded via email to an inquiry I sent them on the above. Their message pointed out:

"You actually can still find the link # i that report. Under the Link ID column, just click the name of the link give and a new link detail window should open, you can find the Link # there."

Oops. I see this is correct. The numerical ID is available via that window. Thanks for the quick reply. That's the info I needed.

That's a funny irony I've run into now and then too, Ernie. Not all links work the same on all sites, eh?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread