I received a sale reversal today with the reason "Unqualified Lead" Can someone help me understand this reason.

Thanks
    AVP

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    AVP,

CJ does not give merchants many choices for the reason a sale fell through. So for instance if the CC address and shipping address did not match and they tried to call to verify and the phonce number did not work, some merchants will put unqualified lead - because they don't have enough info to ship the product.

Then again, sometimes it's an admin type person that is reconciling transactions, that doesn't know much about CJ. If they can't find a reversal reason that matches, they just pick the one that make the most sense.

I don't reverse transactions anymore (Thank God) but if I remember right there is not even a CJ option for "customer cancelled the order".

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage :: zZounds
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: Roadloans :: More Programs Coming Soon!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

AVP

If it's a particular collectibles merchant, do a search here.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Here's the "unqualified lead" means (cited from one of the merchant emails):
    For us, it usually means that a customer called in and cancelled their order right after placing it.

CJ really needs to allow for more descriptive reasons for reversals. "Other" absolutely does not cut it, nor does the fact a "Cancelled Order" reason isn't available.

Andy

A write-in box would be ideal. I don't know if it is feasible, though. Our reasons are usually complicated and don't fall into any one category.

-patrice

Hello,
    I spoke to a rep at CJU about the reversal reasons not being specific and the answer was "good idea to be looked into".

THeresa
    Affiliate Manager
    SeaEagle.com

ABW Ambassador
    There's already too many reasons for reversals. More would just increase chances of merchants hitting the reversal button more often.

CJ is nuts ...merchants through CJ have 90% more reversals than merchants I use through other networks.

A computer merchant posted an "invalid lead" today on a nice sale. Whatever the specific reason, I care little ...this merchant will most likely be deleted, and sad for them - right before holiday shopping season.

I've told merchants this before: if CJ is too expensive, get out. Burning your bridges with affiliates by reversal madness is just that ...madness.

My 2 cents...

I agree that it's sometimes difficult to find the correct reason for a reversal in the menu. If I use "unqualified lead", it usually has something to do with the credit card, and quite often, the issueing bank doesn't provide much reason for a turndown.

I used to have to cancel several orders due to order duplication. I'm assuming the shopper hit the buy button twice. Whether this was a problem on our end or CJ's, it appears to have been corrected. I very rarely see dublicate orders anymore.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread