If you do search on my site here: http://www.aequorea.com you'll notice one of the search links on the results page goes to Heyder's GoSearchForit! page... for this I hope to get free credits on his bidding engine... does anyone else operate something like this, or would be interested in a ordinary reciprocal link in this way... I'm happy to link to a site from multiple pages.

Lemme know what you think... btw, your search/meta database should be unique in some way or other, we can talk about that anyway...

I'm toying with offering such a service too. So far, I have beta-tested it through two Google passes with excellent results.

The concept is simple. You pick a keyword and I put a link to your site on hundreds of pages crossing all of my sites.

The result seems to be excellent placement for whatever keyword is chosen at Google. I just captured "Web Hosting" for a beta client at #4. I also captured "Loan" at #3 for another beta client.

Here's my question for the members of ABW: How much should I charge for such a service?

A follow-up question might be: How should I market such a service? My other services are charged by the click. I couldn't track clicks with this service because the link is directly to the client's site so that the client actually gets the high ranking on Google, not just one of my doorways. So... I've been thinking of charging a flat monthly fee for this service. What do you guys think?

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Jim Brausch ]

Jim,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Here's my question for the members of ABW: How much should I charge for such a service?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say a monthly maintenance fee with a minimum term in the contract (1 year) and a setup fee which would vary depending on the ramp up time ... but I'd conservatively say $200-$500 setup and $200 a mo.[QUOTE]

Haiko

Hi Haiko,

Thanks! That's the ballpark that I was aiming at. I was actually thinking of introducing it at $100-$200/mo with no setup fee... just paid in advance.

The big question though is how to market it. Any thoughts there?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread