ABW Ambassador
    I just got rejected for keywords at Overture with this reason ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Links
    Under this revised guideline, content in the form of a text link, banner, or tile that direct users to another Web site is not eligible for search terms. We will only accept listings for search terms if the Web site provides substantial content that is clearly reflective of the search term. Additionally, the substantial content must be related to the overall subject matter of the Web Site.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That means they dont approve ALL publishers links??? Man, are they shooting themselves...

Regards,
    Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Dhelle - I just had the same problem. But instead they went into my already approved keywords and unapproved and deleted 150 of them!!! I was pissed!!! They said you have to have alot of content. For example: Company, detailed company information, etc. Plus you have to actually say on your site and in the ad that they are affiliate links. They are STUPID - Let's see how long this sh*t last. Damn Idiots.

ABW Ambassador
    The average person could care less if its an affiliate link as long as it takes them to what their looking for.

I still think its Merchants *****ing because they don't want to bid against Publishers. Heck, why have an Affiliate Program then.

Anyone have ideas on why they are getting so strict??

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah - I think your right. I don't know why all of a sudden. Maybe it has to do with them meeting certain criteria for this fat assz yahoo contract they just landed. Cause they are cleaning house for sure.

They're going to wind up losing lots of money and yahoo will wind up buying them out. And I'll just have to sit back and laugh at their dum asszzes

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread