ABW Ambassador
    I already get about 150-200 a day. And alot of my sites that aren't in yahoo are only getting like 50 a day which SUCKS. How can I increase that other than ppc ads? Any thoughts. What does ineedhits do? I got an email from them today.

>What does ineedhits do?
    They spam you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] So, dont even think about it.

What are your ranks in SEs? And which SEs? Do you use the 'right' keywords?

Quiet777

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The amount of hits I got SOARED when I fluked in on a certain OverSure term which has hardly any competition but lots of searches.

Due to the 5c min, I'd say to use the WordTracker to try to hound out easy-Joe listings to get on Google (that still get lots of searches). Even if the WT says there's lots of competition, check out terms of interest. Sometimes there's "100,000 competing sites"--but they're all junk like journals and stuff that just happened to mention the term in question.

I got the paid fluke from before the minimum, so I still have it at 1c. Anything higher would delete the profit from that term! FindWhat doesn't send enough traffic from what I've seen, to make THAT substantial of a rise in traffic, so the Free way is almost the only profitable way, at least in this case!

The last part is to not give up, of course! It may take you a while to find the Dream Terms. Or not! It's kind of like the lottery--you don't know if it's the 100th ticket or the very next ticket, that'll the winner (in terms of traffic draw)!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the tips - My traffic actually increased by about 20-30 uniques yesterday on 3 of my major sites with this new Yahoo/Google partnership.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm definately using the right keywords and optimizing my sites properly. I have tons of top keywords in google. However, I lost a bunch last month because my sites were down when google spidered. So this update should help out my sites that got lost in the shuffle.

I have top 3 listings on google and yahoo. Lots of good terms. But I can't seem to get into aol, alta vista, excite, etc.

I just listed with Inktomi so maybe that will help some too.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just listed with Inktomi, too. My listings have been up for about 8 hours. It looks like that may be a significant help in bringing in more cheap traffic. I got good positions easy (including a #1). Of course, I wasn't going after any kind of saturated categories, or even nearly saturated!

8 hours is way too short to say anything concrete, of course!!! But the prelimaries look good.

BTW, I would suggest listing those pages OverSure fired...it's immensely gratifying to see a Fired term back at OverSure...especially knowing that now they're paying Inktomi to serve it back to them, heh heh heh...

Of course, that last part depends on how high in OverSure's listings you can get without bidding. There's not really much point if you'd just be listing #100...

if you want big traffic without wasting your money you need to crack the google nut..

#1 listings on Altavista can ad a nice boost. Now that AV has relisted my sites, I have #1 ratings for several of my target key words. While not as much as google, I am getting about 50% as much traffic from Altavista as I am from google.

Also, do you have an Ezine or Newsletter? Collect those emails of your visitors and send out a newsletter with links to your CJ merchants and your site.

Add a message board/forum too. While I have found that they are slow to get going, once they are going good like this one, you will get alot of return traffic and have the ability to advertise to those visitors. I make more off my message/forum boards traffic than I do any other areas of my sites. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread