hello all
    how ya to get listed in dmoz.org?
    and how become editor?
    i have register and reply email but until now never get answer approved/rejected [img]null[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Becoming an editor

Find the correct category and hit addURL

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Adam Ward ]

ABW Ambassador
    Find the right category, hit add url and PRAY!!! Getting listed in the DMOZ is very difficult especially if you have affiliate links.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JadaKiss:
    Find the right category, hit add url and PRAY!!! Getting listed in the DMOZ is very difficult especially if you have affiliate links.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s not that tough. It all depends on the category editor. Namely, how busy they are, and what they judge to be relevant content in a particular category.

Ayup, same here http://dmoz.org/Home/Family/Parenting/Single_Parenting/ but I didn't ever apply to be on it...I just got an email one day saying that I was the recommended site. :confused:

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: parentsworld ]

hi my site is about discount stuff.
    can you help me where i submit it in dmoz.org

I wrote a bit about getting listed in the Open Directory (dmoz.org) HERE. (This is not a spam really).

Editor advancement in the Open Directory is based on the number of edits you do and adherence to the guidelines, so if an editor wants to get more categories to edit they need to build up their category first, so they will hunt down as many sites as they can to add to the directory.

If you become an ODP editor (a mysterious process where you may or may not hear anything) you *will* be expected to maintain your category properly else you'll be booted :eek:

Zeal is worth considering too and heyyyy there's an article HERE about that too.

If I'm looking at an ODP or Zeal entry, the most likely reasons to reject it would be:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Insufficient unique content (i.e. the content should not have been copied from somewhere else.)
    <LI>Incorrect category (normally these would be shunted to another cat editor to review).
    <LI>Adult material or language. Zeal/Looksmart is very strict about this, ODP less so.
    <LI>Affiliate link farms (i.e. no content or minimal content with lots of ads).
    <LI>Spam submissions.
    <LI>Popup hell.
    <LI>Out-of-date content.
    <LI>"Under construction". (Finish the site BEFORE you submit it!)[/list]

Note that ODP editors will almost always rewrite your description to fit the guidelines. You will not be informed to success or failure of your submission. If you are awarded the "Cool" rating by the editor you will get an email however (and a nice logo for your site!).

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Dynamoo ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by javaGUY:
    hi my site is about discount stuff.
    can you help me where i submit it in dmoz.org
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search for your competitors and find which category they are listed under. That is probably the most likely category yours site will fall under.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread