In a different thread loverundercover asked for info on a good stats counter. I also was using Webtrendslive, but on 11/1 they discontinued the keywords used feature. I imagine there are many of us webtrendslive users who are looking for a new stats counter, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

Any recommendations for a "free" stats counter that gives the "keywords used"? Also the pros and cons of each (ie public access or banner ad).

ABW Ambassador
    At present I use Site meter (free) it does show keywords, IPO, time, Browser share etc. The only drawback it only shows 100 hits, so you would have to look a few times a day if you want to catch the keyword searches. I did find GoldStat,(they have a free version) looks kind of interesting, has quite a few reports within the program, but I haven't fully checked it out yet.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    GoldStats used to be great, but they have killed that free version (unless they brought it back within the last month). It showed everything--referrers, keywords, times, and all you had to do was show a little button.

But then their servers crashed from all the volume and they started charging once they got up and running again. It's something like $4.95/month now.

Toronto, Canada
    I never use an online stats program so sorry I can't help you with that. But, I use an offline stats program which is excellent. It is "Webtrends Log Analyzer". I download my raw log files and then analyze them in Webtrends. It is an expensive program though and you have to have access to the raw log files on your server. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Opposite the Slough of Despond

It's pretty primative - I'm using THREE counters on Dynamoo at the moment which is probably a few too many.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread