ABW Ambassador
    man.. not one single page in google.
    Last month every page from my 3 sites was there (over 200).. now... nothing.....

No hidden text, no excessive building of link-popularity, no page cloaking... none of it..

It was strange that all three of my sites is now not indexed. The only thing that I can think of is that they are on the same host.
    My site uptime is really good, so I would have had to have been *extremely* unlucky if google called on all three at a time it was down. (I don't even think that it was ever down)

If anyone has any new ideas as to why I was not indexed, let me know..

Oh well, time to regroup.. redesign my pages in my spare month now.

Guess my overture bill will be rising.

ABW Ambassador
    sorry Pete. Is there a way you can contact Google? I hope things get better for you.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL... it's not like I passed away or something..

I'll just concentrate on some other areas for a while.
    Stupid too many eggs on the one stupid basket.

I still have all my bids at overture, they've just been at $0.05 for a while.
    Shareholders of inktomi will get a nice christmas profit from me this year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I can already see how this will benefit me. I won't be afraid to take my site down for a few days to work on it, and the finished result should get me a site full of affiliate links into dmoz. (tastefully done)

I just had a heap of links (all pages with affiliate links on) accepted by overture, so I can't really seen any issues there. (hint: it was more that just a banner and a text link though)

I was going to post this question in a new thread, but since I saw your post Pete I decided to post it in here as I appear to have a similar problem.

I have an odd problem with one of my sites, and there appears to be a pattern with it. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this happens?

1st cycle google lists all pages on the site, and I end up with high rankings on the pages listed.
    2nd cycle some of the pages on the site disappear leaving only the index page and maybe one other page. The rankings on the pages that remain drop down to the bottom of the barrel
    3rd cycle entire site disappears from google database
    4th cycle goes back to first cycle again and I end up with very high page rankings.

Pete,

Did you check all the googles?
    http://fergusons.dk/tools/google.php

I'd also let the googler work it's magic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malibber:

I have an odd problem with one of my sites, and there appears to be a pattern with it. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this happens?

1st cycle google lists all pages on the site, and I end up with high rankings on the pages listed.
    2nd cycle some of the pages on the site disappear leaving only the index page and maybe one other page. The rankings on the pages that remain drop down to the bottom of the barrel
    3rd cycle entire site disappears from google database
    4th cycle goes back to first cycle again and I end up with very high page rankings.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen that same pattern a lot. That's why I can never REALLY bring myself to say "Hail the Googlebot". It's nice when he's nice (who doesn't like free traffic???) but it happens all too rarely and he's just too capricious.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything on my sites or anything that I do. When the results are good, I am glad for the free extra hits, but I would never stake my earnings on it because it's just as likely that the pages will be ignored in the next index.

It's much less frustrating/ulcer-causing for me to just bid on what I want at PPCs and Ink, and consider any free traffic to be "gravy".

Leader,

Thanks for the explanation but as of today I am thoroughly confused. :confused: I have one page left in the main google although it is assigned no rank or backward links. I have all of my pages on this site in google2 and the site doesn’t show up at all in google3. Isn’t google 2 and 3 the newer indexes or at the very least newer than the index in the main google.

I had something to say but it didn't sound very nice. Put it this way, they got me too! I believe it was an attack by another webmaster.

I know google claims that no one else can get you removed from google but I say if there is a will there is a way.

I have some leads I am investigating from my stats.

Good luck to you

Malibber, the indexes switch around for a week or so before they settle (this is sometimes given the sickeningly cutesy name "the Google Dance").

Until it settles, the individual indexes may or may not be newer. Any of the 4 may be showing on the Google main page at any time until that point.

Heyder, that sucks. Google does seem to eventually let sites back in, at least!

HEy....I thought i'll pen this down....Until somedays ago...google.com wouldn't recognise me( my sites) at all...Sick of trying all the tricks of the trade....But to my surprise suddenly itz started sending me 400-500 uniques everyday...
    The saddest part is that am using webtrendslive stat counter....which doesn't display the keyword used by the visitors..
    Another important thing i noticed is that...once google started sending traffic...all other search engines which i haven't heard of is sending me traffic....Ex searchalot.com, dogpile.com etc...

Well can anyone suggest me a good stats counter for my site....

Hm, maybe www.allfreestats.com

I haven't used it, but I see that I have it in my bookmarks, so it must have looked pretty good to me at the time!

This in fo might help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Google Clamp's Down on Spam
    ======

Google has joined the ranks of search engines clamping down on search engine spamming. Users of Google now have three methods of reporting spamming to the search engine. Google have also warned that while they will not reply to your reports they will review the web site in question and take action where needed.

Method number one.
    Send an email to spamreport@google.com with the web site URL, the search terms used to find it and the reason you consider it spam.

Method number two.
    Google's online form (http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html) allows you to report web pages you believe are spam.

Method number three.
    On the new Google Toolbar there is a feature that allows you to give your opinion of the page you are viewing. Two buttons, one with a smiley face the other with a frown, allow you to tell Google whether or not you like the page.

Although the results from this feature are not being used yet, they will after being reviewed by the staff at Google. Measures have also been taken to prevent people from using the buttons excessively. This will prevent people from dramatically boosting
    their position (or lowering their competitors) in the Google
    listings.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not implying anyone has spammed Google, but it lets you know that someone else might have used one of these methods to have your site(s) removed.

ABW Ambassador
    I keep expecting to hear from the Zeus guy who used to weigh in on discussions like this with ALL the answers and tell the rest of us how stupid we are.

Elisabeth

All of this raises a question that I have been thinking a lot about of late. Namely, as my collection of sites grow should I quit building them under my own name and establish an alter ego?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All of this raises a question that I have been thinking a lot about of late. Namely, as my collection of sites grow should I quit building them under my own name and establish an alter ego? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do that then how are we suppose to find all your other sites when we're researching the competition? :rolleyes:

Ray [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread