Hi everyone!

Thanks to those of you who have reviewed our site, http://www.LesbianSexToys.com from our other post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We have a question about site descriptions on Google. After reading some posts here, we checked our position on Google. We come on 8th for the search term "lesbian sex toys". We think that's great since we just got started in earnest. However, we think the pulled the description from our first attempt at the site we did through Bigstep.( http://www.LesbianSexToys.bigstep.com Will the site description change with the next index? If not, is there another way to fix it?

Thank you all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    There's a thread about Google descriptions at Search Engine Forums. I'll refer you there instead of repeating what I said.
    http://searchengineforums.com/Forum28/HTML/001446.html

Elisabeth Archambault

It should change with every index as long as you made changes to your site and it was crawled.

Yep, if google detects changes on a page it should pick up your new title and text.

I haven't had any problem with google making the changes. Just make your changes and google will find them and change them automatically for you.

Thank you all for answering my question!

We appreciate it!

If you want to move up, you can probably move up to maybe #3 on the key phrase "Lesbian Sex Toys" with just changes in your title and text on your page.

To get higher, you will probably need to increase your "Page Rank". Your Page Rank is currently "4" and #1's Page Rank is "6". A Page Rank of "6" is like 100 or maybe even 1000 times better than a Page Rank of "4" (it's not a linear scale). For more on "Page Rank", there is a thread at:
    Google Page Rank Thread

Also google has in it's index for your site a really crude page of your site (looks like a doorway page). When google spidered your home page, it Looked Like This.

If you want to rank high for "Lesbian Sex Toys", then you want this to be the first 3 words in your title and the first 3 words on your page. You also will want to use those 3 words together a fex other times on the page.

You might consider changing you title even from what it is now. I don't see the value of having "Home Page" in the title. I would replace that with something that might be of more value like "For Sale" so maybe a Title like "Lesbian Sex Toys for Sale" might rank high for Lesbian Sex Toys and you might also pick up some good traffic on "Sex Toys for Sale" and "Sex Toy Sale". Ofcourse if you want to also rank high with these other phrases, you will have to make sure they appear a few times on the page as well.

Hope this helps. I know I responded to more than your original question, but just trying to help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-CK

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commission King:
    If you want to move up, you can probably move up to maybe #3 on the key phrase "Lesbian Sex Toys" with just changes in your title and text on your page.

To get higher, you will probably need to increase your "Page Rank". Your Page Rank is currently "4" and #1's Page Rank is "6". A Page Rank of "6" is like 100 or maybe even 1000 times better than a Page Rank of "4" (it's not a linear scale). For more on "Page Rank", there is a thread at:
    Google Page Rank Thread

Also google has in it's index for your site a really crude page of your site (looks like a doorway page). When google spidered your home page, it Looked Like This.

If you want to rank high for "Lesbian Sex Toys", then you want this to be the first 3 words in your title and the first 3 words on your page. You also will want to use those 3 words together a fex other times on the page.

You might consider changing you title even from what it is now. I don't see the value of having "Home Page" in the title. I would replace that with something that might be of more value like "For Sale" so maybe a Title like "Lesbian Sex Toys for Sale" might rank high for Lesbian Sex Toys and you might also pick up some good traffic on "Sex Toys for Sale" and "Sex Toy Sale". Ofcourse if you want to also rank high with these other phrases, you will have to make sure they appear a few times on the page as well.

Hope this helps. I know I responded to more than your original question, but just trying to help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-CK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! Your advice was very helpful to us. It looks as though spidered our page when it was still at Bigstep. http://www.LesbianSexToys.bigstep.com
    We just changed hosts and redesigned it this past week.

I changed the title of http://www.lesbiansextoys.com to "Lesbian Sex Toys for Sale". The first three words are now Lesbian Sex Toys. We also changed the words "this site" to "Lesbian Sex Toys" as well.

Thank you again for your help! We really, really appreciate it.

-Paula and Anna

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread