Which means I'm far to busy to write a message about it!

f

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I saw him yesterday. Which caused some quick typing on my part!

It looks like he didn't check out all the pages on the sites yet--kind of a "semi-deep" crawl if you will... I would expect at least one return trip per site, by the looks of it when I checked my logs last.

He's/She's been around for the past week. One of my sites is already in this index despite it only going live last week (due to the fact it's linked by one of my very high pageranked sites)

I think the cut-off point will be the 12th-14th next week for the bot for the next update

ABW Ambassador
    I have noticed a shift in the search rankings ever since the last update of the Google Index. It appears my ranking for online coupons has hit the first page results. I changed my dmoz listing earlier, which means the Googler has scrubbed dmoz database recently. Also, something puzzles me, is that I will follow a url from my web stats referring urls page, to find that my site is not on that page(?) It's like there is a constant fluctuation in my rankings. Can anyone explain this?

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    The referer log is not the most accurate of web logs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Or, at least, not in reference to the name "referer"...

Often times the referer log will show the page the end-user "last viewed" prior to coming to your site... whether they clicked a link on that site or clicked a bookmark they already had for you.

Ok I am freakin out -- everyone check your rankings on google for your keywords (the ones you knew where you were at) am I gone completely mad or am I really seeing last months index??????

I keep entering the keywords that I knew I had top 5 rankings on and I'm seeing pretty much what I remember seeing in Nov. for the top 5............what in the fffff is going on??

So, someone tell me I am sane ---- and google hasn't banned all my sites or some strange sh**

????? :eek:

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

ABW Ambassador
    You're sane.

But it's not last month's index. I have a new site that wasn't listed last month and it's still there. But my rankings have seen a significant shift.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread