Hello There...
    I have a doubt and i guess i'll get some good replies in this section...

Well...Am changing the server for two of my sites(switching to another server)

Google is sending me a hell lot of traffic recently but my question is.. my site will be down for two three days( the DNS Setting has to be changed and all the crap)...
    And will google delete all the pages it has indexed?....Just because of non-availability of pages....Or does it wait for some days...Well....Any answer on this topic is appreciated....

Huh....I've struggled hard to get ranked and now these free headaches.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Bacci

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe wait a week or so.
    I've only just now had google at my sites again (he didn't come last month, thus my three sites were excluded alltogether).
    Wait until he has finished spidering & then move them.
    Have a look at the "when is google coming" thread. If there isn't one already, I'm sure that one will be started soon knowing the people here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Try & move your sites around those dates, because that's when google will not be spidering.
    This info is based on the assumption that your url's will not be changing.

Do not change your DNS settings until your new site is ready. You should be able to upload all your files and check the new site using the new DNS number your new host will give you. There is no need to change your DNS settings until you are ready.

If the search engines pay a visit and your site is down bang go your ratings.

Because of the time delay in propagating DNS changes, make sure that both sites run in parallel for a few days.

You should be able to see when the DNS change has happened as traffic on the old site will die off, then stop.

Ok....I got it.....Thanx to all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread