ABW Ambassador
    Hi all --

If I have a domain name for say widgets.com and then buy several other domain names pointing to my widets site (or various pages on my widgets site), will I be spamming the search engines if I submit the new domain names to them?

I found a couple of really cool domain names that I think will rank high with the search engines, but I don't want to buy them if I can't use them or they will get me put on the spammers list. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Act Now Domains

Why not just make seperate directories and point each site to it's own? I would then link back to your homepage through your content.

That formula would probably increase your rankings rather than risking being on the spammers list.

On the other hand I had two sites exactly same listed on google #1 and #2 positions same html I had no trouble at all with them. The only thing is they were hosted seperately and didn't link to one another so googlebot may have not been that smart.

ABW Ambassador
    I know before I ask this is a lame question so I will apologize in advance, but is that the same as putting them in different folders (ie. widgets/info/page.htm and widgets/red/buy.htm)? Where the info and red are the directories?

I have about 8 pages on the new site I'm putting up so if I create a different directory for each of the different domain names to point to and link those to my home page I assume I hyperlink to the domain names that are pointing to the site rather than the individual directories. Is that right?

Thanks.

Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yes, sorry folders. I forget who calls what where [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I would just make new folders and vary the html files inside them some so that these domains are not exactly the same.

Many advantages to this including
    1. cross linking
    2. Test keywording for search results
    3. Testing ad copy to see what sells

Yet at the same time you have these visits going to the same site server.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread