ABW Ambassador
    Hi all --

If you are in to using your url to help increase your position with search engines, you may be able to pick up some domain names that could be helpful with the new .ws domain. They don't seem to be as picked over yet.

I was fooling around with it earlier tonight and picked up a few that I think (hope!)will give an added push to my keyword targeting:

cheapwebhosting.ws
    register-domain-name.ws
    cheap-domain-names.ws
    domain-name-search.ws
    computermemory.ws
    computer-memory.ws

If anyone is in to wedding dresses, weddingdresses.ws is available. According to word tracker there are over 2000 searches a day for the term on Google. I would've gotten it, but I'm not into wedding stuff at all and I couldn't figure out how to use it to make money.

Cheers,
    Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Kip:

At your site, what percentage of .ws do you sell vs .com ?

I would think that people would jump through hoops to get a .com [read tripple hyphens etc.]

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Adam Ward ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Adam --

I couldn't really say b/c we just started offering the .ws domains this week. Sorry. I do know though that in the categories that I'm personally interested in - those pertaining mostly to domain names, webhosting, etc. - most of the ones that I'd like, even those with double hyphens in them, have already been taken in all the other top level categories - .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info.

My personal opinion is that there was such a buildup for the .biz and .info names that a lot of people pre-registered those b/c they didn't want to be left out so a lot of the names for those are gone too. For example, of the domain names that I just bought all of the other top domains for those were already gone except for computer-memory - the .biz and .info for that one are still available.

I think that because the .ws was rolled out after .biz and .info, it's been a bit overlooked. There hasn't been that much of a to-do over it so there hasn't been the mad rush for them that there was with the others. Do I think you could buy a .ws and sell it for millions? Uh, no. Even if they would bring that much (which I doubt even in a good market) those that would are long gone. But, if you're interested in getting a keyword-focused url which could maybe give your page an added boost with the search engines (I know some people aren't), you may be able to find a few there that could be helpful.

Best of luck,
    Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread