ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I think it's about time I started to listen to you guys and start to build a mailing list for a newsletter. Where do I begin? What online program can I use that will work best and is easiest for beginners like myself? What about the click-n-promote program $15 month or eNews Builder $49 month. Someone guide me in the right direction. How often should I send out the newsletter? Do they really produce profits.

I use Subscribe Me latest version is available from The CGI Script Center at http://cgi.elitehost.com .

From the site it says "A powerful mailing list manager that allows you to build your prospect/customer mailing list completely hands-free! It even includes a built-in encrypted password protected mailing form that you can use to automatically send your updates and information to your mailing list!"

There are two versions Pro ($$) and Lite (Free). The Lite is still working great for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, No matter how you decide to do it, DO IT!

There is nothing more important!

I use PostmasterGeneral and have had great success with them.

I think the most important thing to do first is determine how you are going to harvest new subscribers. I think once you figure that out along with what your sign-up rate is you will get a better handle on what type of structure to put in place to support it. I suggest starting out with a free service first. ENews Builder looks like it would get very expensive even with a moderate sized list. I use topica and I don’t pay anything for it. I could even send html out if I wanted.

Microsoft listbuilder is the only one i've used, but I like it... it just works.

I wouldn't use they're stupid signup process though... I'm letting a lot of emails slip through my fingers... plus I have lotys of forms that could be grabbing the emails but don't... eediot!!

So, gonna dump all my emails into a single txt file when submitted from various forms, etc and then import into listbuilder... aim for 10,000 subscribers intially, I've got knowwhere near that, yet... but go for it dude [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Worry about making money later, just start doing it and see how it goes... the sooneer you start the better, a year later you might say, oh well I'll give it a go... but you could have had tons of signups in that year!!

Here's The Latest Copy Of Our Cool Stuff 4 You Newletter. You can see how it's set up
    and how simple it is to put together.

Here's This Week's FREE Cool Stuff 4 You Newsletter.

Every week we span the net to bring you cool websites to see.
    You get the thrill of discovery, freebies and more. Viewing our
    weekly Cool Stuff 4 You sites can be fun, informative, save you
    some money and maybe even help you make some money too.

We hope you enjoy this weeks featured sites.

1. FREE: Win An Xbox Video Game System

Enter for FREE to win an Xbox™ Video Game System.

The winner gets an Xbox™ console with one controller,
    4 Games: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee™, Madden NFL 2002™,
    Dark Summit™, Azurik: Rise of Perathia™ A Additional Xbox™
    Controller 8MB Memory Card.

It's FREE to Enter. So go for it. You can't win if you
    don't enter.

Click Here

2. FREE: "Nevada Corporate Strategies" Info-Kit With Video
    Learn powerful Secrets On Tax Savings, Asset Protection
    And Financial Privacy.
    Click Here

3. FREE: 90 day subscription to National Home Gardening Club. Plus You
    Get Free Pruning Shears, a FREE Gardening How-to book and a Chance to
    win FREE Tools, Products, & More!

Get your FREE Items and 90 day FREE Trial of National Home Gardener NOW!
    U.S. & Canada ONLY.

Click Here

That's it for this week. We appreciate your participation
    and hope you enjoy this weeks 'stuff.'

Merry Christmas To All And Happy New Year Too.

Fred Conquest,
    Editor

P.S. <A HREF="http://www.goclick.com/aff.mod?AID=12954&SEARCH=" TARGET=_blank>
    Click Here To Search For Gifts And Gift Ideas. It's FREE.</A>

I agree with breeze. Just do it because it wont hurt. One thing though is you have to make the sign up form prominent though. I was averaging 20 or so signups a week until I made the sign up form bigger and more prominent and had 20 signups in 2 days so I think higher up on the page and as big as possible without over powering your page with a little description of what your newsletter is about. I think topica is good to start with if you dont mind them putting an advertisment in your newsletter but I am thinking about getting my own program since it is growing :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the guide Professor. I've only collected 13 email addresses since I posted my newsletter sign-up about 2 weeks ago. I guess I need to give away something free to encourage sign ups huh.

Jada,

You can probably double or triple your sign-ups if you ask people to join in big type and offer a freebie.

For example:

"Click here to sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter and get a free web based email
    account."

To get the free email account go to CJ and sign up for mail2world. They pay you $.20
    for each mailbox you refer.

Now in your auto-responder message to confirm the sign-up, you simply put the following:

Thank you for subscribing to Jada's jadajadajada. To claim your FREE worldwide
    web based email account click here. (put the mail2world link here)

This way you can make $.20 from everyone who subscribes who registers for a mailbox. Get five a day and you make an extra $30 per month.

Also, Advertise that your newsletter exists on websitings in the FREEBIE and Publication sections. It's FREE.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread