ABW Ambassador
    Okay I think i have one thing figured out as to why I lost so many rankings. Alot of my sites that ranked high with keywords are now showing 0 sites linking to them with the new index. Now what in the world could have caused that?

And should I take off some cross-links or leave them and pray for better rankings next month.

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed that too. That's what I noticed with Expedia.com. My page rank is no good, and so is my ranking. I am hoping Google will burp up the inbound links, and restore our page rankings. It's like we don't exist on the web, Jada. I sent an email to help@google.com - I don't know if it will do any good, but who knows. maybe they can at least explain the "why".

ABW Ambassador
    I hope so BigChuck - I just doesn't make any sense - it's definatley a technical glitch on google's part. Cause my sites have mad link popularity as I'm sure your's do too.

ABW Ambassador
    I just won't believe this index will be it! I've looked at some of the top sites listed for keywords I have always done well in and quite frankly they all appear to be crap...either spamming totally or they have bulls*t content designed only to get to the top of google (not for a person to actually utilize).....

last month a day or so after the index settled I lost 95% of all my listings from all but 1 of my sites....after 4 days I had all my top listings back and the sites that had been on top were buried. What I feel is going on is that the same thing is happening now (filtering) but its happening during the reindex shuffling instead of afterwards.

Sit tight and be as optomistic as possible [img]tongue.gif[/img]

This has apparently happened to a lot of people the past few months, read more at searchengineforums.com

ABW Ambassador
    this is what I am talkin bout!! da*n it
    http://www2.google.com/search?hl=en&...m+bed+in+a+bag

now check their cached pages.....now see they are forwarding to the merchant

this is the crap that is in the new index...I cannot believe google is done and this is the shit they are serving this month!!

uuuggghhhh :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    LOL, they even call the script they run as cloak.inc

If it's any comfort, they just had about twenty visits without a sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I guest what burns me is that these type of people spam google, then after google spiders just forward on to the merchants...they don't build pages for visitors, they offer 0 information and they certainly don't even try to pre-sell a customer --- and it pisses me off that they have 1000's of sites just like this listed in googles new index and 1/2 of mine (all at least attempting to offer information or info about a product or service) are suddenly dropped from the index.

Google needs to get its shit together....I know for a fact many many webmasters have reported the furniture-furniture place for the same exact crap and they are still there in the new index.....all 1000 of their spam sites!!

OK, so we will be penalized for having cross-linked sites but these slezebags can get away with this crap....no I will not believe this index is it for January, and if it is, I'll be using another search engine for my personal use because of the crap going on.

i think im done blowing off steam.....LOL

I hope this isn't the "final" index for the next month. If it is, I'm fu*ked. Number #1 listings on some of my Keywords are GONE. My most profitable site, doesn't even exist in the new index as it stands right now. I didn't start to panic when I noticed google didn't have this site in www2, but when it was dropped from www, "Oh Crap" was about the nicest thing that came out of my mouth.

Total loser sites now occupy the top spots for some my key words. Sales down, this just blows.

When I check for inbound links to my site, Google finds none. It used to show 8. Traffic seems normal.

f

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread