ABW Ambassador
    I have been in this program since they first signed up with CJ about 3 months ago. I want to establish a relationship with their affiliate manager, but they do not respond to emails, either through the CJ interface or emailing directly at the address provided by CJ.

Todd, could you please ask the CJ account rep who handles the Marriott account to relay to the Marriott AM that affiliates like to know their messages are read and acknowledged? It isn't professional to ignore communications from your publishers who are sending you business.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, I thought your purpose in moderating this forum was for issues like this. Why haven't you acknowledged my request?

Snowman:

Two thoughts, though I'm far from an expert. 1) Todd doesn't actually moderate the forum. He drops in every so often, but he does not actively monitor the forum like some AMs do for individual merchants (i.e. Andy at Tiger Direct, Patrice at Eastwood, etc.). 2) If you're having trouble contacting the AM from this program, can you really expect to develop a strong relationship with them? Perhaps there is another alternative.

Just two cents worth for your consideration..

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    Additionally, it's not realistic to expect a prompt reply just after a promised faster more accurate system at CJ.

...and then the situation be that everyone is having their worst days ever.

If I were Tod ...I'd be alittle shy right now as well.

ABW Ambassador
    We know Todd has been around since I posted since he has responded to others. I directed a question to him that has nothing to do with reporting, yet he has, for whatever reason, chosen not to respond. That's what I'm asking.

As to my inability to receive a response from the Marriott Affiliate Manager, yes, that could indicate that they do not wish to engage in dialogue with their affiliates; however, I have had a similar experience in the past with another merchant and when I asked for assistance from my contact at Linkshare, I received a telephone call from that affiliate manager a few days later. I have been in regular contact with her ever since, and that was a year ago.

Ironically, shortly after I posted a few hours ago, I received the first Marriott newsletter and included is:
    quote:
    Do you have a question or an idea to improve the Marriott Publisher Network program? We'd like to hear from you. Send all comments, suggestions and inquiries to affiliatemanager@marriott.com.
    Quite contradictory considering that is the exact address I wrote to yet I've never received a response.

Todd???

ABW Ambassador
    I have still never received a response from the Marriott Affiliate Manager. It would seem to me that this should be a violation of some aspect of their agreement with CJ.

Todd, what type of controls are in place through CJ with their merchants to communicate with their affiliates?

I just saw this post. I forwarded the post to the person on our end managing the Marriott relationship.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Feedback is that they are between PMs but this is being brought to their attention in our weekly meetings.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread