Is anyone here listed in zeal.com? If so, does it give any reasonable traffic?

I've heard that zeal.com is a backdoor into looksmart if you can get your site into it. How much traffic do people get from looksmart? Preferably from the games type sites if anyone has one listed?

Thanks,
    jq [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sorry, no games site. But I can say that with Gardening, it was a complete waste of time... I think I got about 2 hits. Probably from the Zeal editors!

I get a tiny bit of traffic from Zeal and LookSmart.

As for getting listings in Zeal, you generally need to have a "non-commercial" site, although there are exceptions in some cases. (For example, if you had a page on a commercial games site about modified gaming hardware or software for disabled gamers, Zeal might list it in a disabilities category even though your site otherwise would require paid submission through LookSmart.)

The good thing about zeal is that it gets you into other search engines (if youre not already listed) like msn, excite, altavista and of course looksmart. I doubt that the public hardly use zeal. If your games site has a little bit of content you might get in, it just depends on the editor.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread