Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looks as if we waited to long to add our sites to Yahoo.... They will be charging an annual fee of $299 ($600 for adult content sites) to sites submitted after Dec. 28th, 2001.

Hmmm... we'll have to rethink adding our sites now.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: PaulaSmiles ]

http://search.aol.com/add.adp

Where did you see those prices?

Quiet777

Oh, sorry for typing AOL.... it's Yahoo who is now charging those prices.

"If your web site is accepted for inclusion in the Directory as part of Yahoo! Express on or after December 28, 2001, then your web site's continued inclusion in the Directory will be subject to additional review each year and you agree that your credit card will be charged the Recurring Annual Fee. Subject to Section 1.3 above, the current applicable Recurring Annual Fee is US $299 for web sites which do not offer adult content and/or services and is US $600 for web sites which do offer adult content and/or services."

Sheesh, they must be really getting desperate for cash. Instead of paying them I would rather pour some cash into Heyders searchany site. Like Haiko said in another post, we should support searchany with $$$ and/or links, it could turn out to be a win/win situation.

By Jove, Rik, I think you've got a GREAT idea there!!!!

All in favor, click your mouse.

We are Also working on a "Co-opetition" Directory for members with Page Ranking enhancement and instant link popularity ... should be out in Feb.

PPC endeavors and listings should go to http://www.searchany.com (Heyder's site)

Any one who has a SE domain PM me (confidential) so we can set up the New Dir system on your domain)

Haiko

Haiko

Hi Paula.

Just wondering, but what kind of offline advertising are you employing. Are you putting small ads or classified ads in newspapers and/or magazines (lesbian or otherwise)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rik:
    Hi Paula.

Just wondering, but what kind of offline advertising are you employing. Are you putting small ads or classified ads in newspapers and/or magazines (lesbian or otherwise)?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Starting this past November, we have had a monthly 1/4 page ad in She magazine.

Just this month we started sending in "press release" type materials to the other lesbian magazines.

We're always open to new avenues for promoting our sites.

You have us curious... any special reason for the question? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What did I miss? Um keep your wallets closed. All abestweb members get free listings at searchany.com! Just email me if you've signed up and let me know your user id.
    Click To Email Me!

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Heyder ]

I was just thinking that it would probably be better (and maybe more profitible) paying for offline advertising than paying Yahoo. Other than that I'm just plain old nosey.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Has anyone else ever considered the idea of pooling a bunch of sites together and advertising on television?

You could advertise one central site with an easy to remember domain name and when that site was visited there would be all of the partners sites on the front page.

All of the partners could own the main domain so no bickering would take place and I thing you would best have no advertising on that page except for the partners pages.

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder
    I think that is an interesting idea, but wouldn't that be very expensive? I have a neighbor who started advertising on our local cable channel, Just a text blurb at the bottom of the screen. He does Patios, poolscapes etc. He has had a great response from it and has all the work he can handle now.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Heyder, I agree with Cazzie. That is an interesting idea. It would seem like it would be really expensive unless maybe it was tried locally in maybe a well populated area.

Inform the viewers that there is no reason to search all over the internet when everything they could want is right here on the one site. I kinda like the idea. But unfortunately the price would have to be really cheap per site owner.

By Haiko
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We are Also working on a "Co-opetition" Directory for members with Page Ranking enhancement and instant link popularity ... should be out in Feb. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this about? Have i been missing lately? Any more info you could share?

Thanks

"Page ranking enhancement" would be an interesting concept if it doesn't get us all banned from google. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Build a central site with high page and then have a link to each members site right off it. That should give all members a boost in page rank.

Haiko, would you care to elaborate?

ABW Ambassador
    Paula - Yahoo's been charging $299 for months now. I submit to them at least twice a month.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JadaKiss:
    Paula - Yahoo's been charging $299 for months now. I submit to them at least twice a month.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...but the $299 was a one time fee until a couple of weeks ago, right? or has it been a yearly fee for awhile?

From Yahoo's Submit a Site - "if your web site is accepted for inclusion in the Directory as part of Yahoo! Express on or after December 28, 2001, then your web site's continued inclusion in the Directory will be subject to additional review each year and to the applicable, then current NON-REFUNDABLE recurring annual fee."

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder,
    This has been done many times, and is a great idea. I'm considering doing it on one of our shopping sites...Divide things up between merchants and they are actually paying for the spots without anything coming out of your pocket. I'm putting together a site right now that will have thousands of products from different merchants and we will present them with some ideas and 'co-op' opportunities....

Tom Pyles

JQ, CK et al,

We (behind the scenes) are working on getting all who signup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] an instant PR of 7 and will do a co-opetiton deal via our a member Dir and specialized script ...

More details to come ....

Haiko
    PS it will NOT get anyone banned from google or any SE!

Just a thought. ppc = Heyder. Free meta search should then = Peter Kirby's Aiming Point . We could all boost Aiming point in the google game by linking to it.

Thanks Tom,

My thought were that a few hundred of us could get together and divide the expences for a tv spot.

I guess there are problems but they could be worked out such as first links etc. but that could be decided by the amount the user contributes.

On the other hand I've heard that radio advertising is more cost effective than television so maybe that would be a better route especially if you had one easy to remember central site to do it with.

Haiko, I think you've got us all curious and excited, this sounds big!

:cool:

Heyder,

I'll trade you 20,000 or so actual visitors to Searchany for 20,000 click thrus to a banner from my "Cool Stuff' page.

Also, get that top50 spam crap off the top of the page. Put it below the major search categories.

For $5, no one will search they will just click out and go to Top50.

Yes good point they will be removed.

So you will give me 20k banners in trade for 20k in search traffic?

I would say yes you have a deal but the problem is I may not be able to return your visitors very quickly.

If you have patience and can sign up many many keywords it could work out.

Yep...I understand. I'll get you noticed and you plug in my banner and keep it up until I get 20,000 click thrus.

Let me know...

Also, you might make a special "A Best Of The Web" page and give our webbie members here a link on that page if they put a link to you on one of their pages.

This way we all get crosslinked to you.

Sort of like this:

On members page we run the text link:

Click Here To View The Best Sites On The Web.

This link sends people to a special page on
    Searchany entitled - Best Of The Web where you have A Best Web Member Ads That Rotate
    In A Series of Simple Banners.

At the top of the page you have the title.

Best Of The Web:

The you put a blurb about how these sites support consumers and affiliates etc.

Then have three simple banners that rotate with our text in them. Use the Abestweb banner as a template and just plug in the various text we send you.

For example:

Find Good Deals On Lots of Stuff At It's A Bull's Eye. - for Leader's site.

Click Here For Cools Stuff 4 Webmaster's -
    for one of my pages.

If You're Shopping, Ecom City Has Has What You Are Looking For. - for Mike.

All you need is to have say each banner odd
    numbers and everytime someone clicks on Best Of The Web they see three different text banners.

Just an idea...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast