ABW Ambassador
    I swear it never fails - I was very hesitant to submit more keywords this weekend fearing it would draw attention to my account. My keywords are still pending, however, I just got a email from goto saying they deleted 2 more of my keywords and that they were reviewing sites category by category and more deletions may be imminent. WTF EVER!!! They can kiss my toshie. :rolleyes:

I am sorry to hear that Jada... They have yet to get to my listings. *knock on wood*

It makes me wonder how the fudge we are supposed to advertise when all of the doors are being slammed shut in our face. GoTo/Overture is screwing affiliates left and right... Google went haywire this month. And the smaller ppc search engines don't have squat for traffic.

I am trying to be optimistic but it seems like something new pops up everyday. Try to hang in there Jada!

Core

ABW Ambassador
    This one doofus editor just deleted another one of my keywords. About two weeks ago he deleted two others.

Since I am afraid to add new listings, at this rate my account will be depleted of all terms in August, 2026.

instead of just giving in and letting your acount drain why dont you

DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND
    DEMAND A REFUND

lets see how quick they are to keep deleting listings if everyone where to do that

but, of course, you won't DEMAND A REFUND youll just give up and let them keep what you paid

you'll just give up, then google will probably dump you, then watcha gonna do?

DEMAND A REFUND!

ABW Ambassador
    Core - I'm hangin - Fortunatley, sales are beginning to pick up despite the google loss. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Demand a refund? Yeah right.

What they are doing makes good business sense, at least in the short term (1-2 years). So they are not going to reverse course for our modest sized account.

Anyways, demanding a refund means the account is done right there, right now as opposed to the slow but profitable death it is getting this way.

And what does Google have to do with it? It is totally unrelated to Overture.

If everyone being messed about demands a refund, it makes it that much trickier to get rid of them. Presuably Oversure is under orders to squeeze out the competition by whoever is pulling their strings. They'll have budgeted a certain amount of effort for this and no more.

I think Psychomantis has the idea of making it as difficult as possible. If the process can be delayed, it puts pressure on Oversure who will be failing to meet targets, presumably. With any luck this will cause a nasty argument between them and whoever it is thinks affiliates are stealing their piece of the pie.

Who knows what might come out in the wash?

I

Yes demand a refund!

Goto needs to be set straight on how things work.

You are paying them your money for their service and the are not providing that service. Yet they keep your money and you have to bend over backwards to spend your own money once it's in their hands.

Consumer Protection Anybody???

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If everyone being messed about demands a refund, it makes it that much trickier to get rid of them<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. You demand a refund.
    2. I assume they will give it to you.
    3. Then you are gone.
    4. You are left bitter, and Goto does not have to bother checking all of your listings.

ABW Ambassador
    Jimbo, that's a VERY good point!

Anyone still grandfather claused over there?

Here is a tip on PPC. If you ever come across brainfox ppc don't fall for it.

They gave me a 500% bonus so I open an account with $50.00. They credit me $300.00!

Now it has been two weeks, I TONS and TONS of listings and keywords in the 1000s.

I have spent .04 for for visitors at a penny each.

Let's see, at that rate my account will be funded for the next 15 years!

You can bet I'm getting a refund!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I have to agree with Jimbo2002. Getting out all at once is only making their job easier, and saving them from having to pay an executioner to axe your listings.

I'll ride it as long as it's profitable. When it gets to the point where it'd take years to spend the money in the account, THEN (when it's more profitable for me to invest elsewhere) it'll be time to go ahead and demand a refund.

BTW, they whacked one of mine the other day, too.

i still say demand a refund

my payments to overture have been growing over the months to just over $200 and next month would have been $350 - $400

jada said she spends about 1K a month, how much do you spend? i just feel a bit disapointed sometimes that we cant all get together and show em whos really running ecommerce, if we all demanded a refund at the same time it would put the sh*ts up them

and as for what i said about google, im serious, what will you all do if overture continues as they're going to AND google kicks you out?

thats why i like to have a pro-active attitude, WE are running ecommerce, not google or dodgy merchant.com, US!

so i still say demand a refund and promote the alternatives, promote brainfox, wisenut.com, altavista and searchany

>1. You demand a refund.
    >2. I assume they will give it to you.
    >3. Then you are gone.

I more had in mind repeating steps 1 and 2 a lot. Otherwise it'll take 300 years to use up the funds with the three keywords they leave you with.

If they dissallow 1 keyword in 100 ask for a 1% refund. (And no you won't accept an account credit).

That kind of thing. Stupid stuff to gum up the works. Years ago you used to be able to drive utilities nuts by writing out a check with a penny extra than the bill was, then making the next check a penny short. Do that for a few months and they generally fix whatever the problem is.

Any type of administrative nightmare should do, and asking for partial refunds looks like a good place to start.

I

I got another mail from goto too.. I replied that they can delete all my keywords because I'm not funding my account any more and the impact on my sales has been zero. Thankyou goto for saving me $300 a month [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Do not try to change your exisiting listings or try to add listings with the same URL as any of your existing listings unless you have no links on the URL page that are in any way related to the keywords you are submitting.

I just tried to change the title of 6 of my listings and the "reviewer" eliminated all 170 of my keywords for those 6 URLs.

Now we can see all of those great results from advertising.com, the mojo farm and all of the other ad agencys. BendOverture sucks and someday soon they will realize how much they suck.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread