I haven’t seen any new theories that were plausible. I spoke to the people at Planet Ocean about it and they said they would have some Google coverage in their January newsletter due out the 15th. If I don’t get my ranking restored on the next go round, I am going to take one of my mini-sites that are still in the index and copy all of my sales pages from the big site over onto that site’s template.

Well my site that was dropped is still in google's dmoz directory. It now has a page rank of Zero and shows no links pointing to it. When I checked other sites in my category that also have Zero page rank, most are either dead links or redirects and deserve to have a zero page rank. I'm hoping for the "glitch" theory to prevail here and because of the "glitch", the link data got lost in the update.
    If that's not the case, then I guess I'm screwed.

Good luck!

I'm sure one of us will figure it out sooner or later. I don't much care who. You still with the circular link theory?

I might move all my sites under one domain too, for logistical reasons.

Yep, I am still going on that theory. I removed all of my links out to my other sites and other link exchanges on my one big site. I hope it breaks the circle. I don’t know if I got it done in time for the next index though? I was doing a search for some of the various keywords I focus on in google tonight. What I found out is that a lot of my competitors got canned as well. An example of one the searches I did was for “Tower Records Coupons” I noticed that most of the results that were returned were for sites that had basically been abandoned. The last time most of them had been updated was 6 months ago or longer. The results were much better with the last index as all of the sites in the top 10 kept their content current. With this last index the search quality has really gone down from the end users prospective IMO. Hopefully, google will realize they skinned the cat too thin but who knows? A lot of search engines operate from the prospective that they only want to index free non-commercial sites, and that they are the only ones entitled to make a few dollars. If things don’t improve I think we as web publishers should give some of google’s competition free placement and we shouldn’t hesitate to publicly trash them for censoring content. I bet if I would make that recommendation on Jim World they would ban me.

maybe ??

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: malibber ]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread