ABW Ambassador
    So, I'm tripping through my log files YESTERDAY (that's important, remember it was YESTERDAY) and hit on a very targeted phrase that's bringing about 25 people a day to my site. Only, I know that targeted phrase and I remember that the product didn't convert (on a page of other products that were converting) and so I yanked the product off a while back.

But I yanked AFTER the last google spider of my site, but prior to the last google index going live. Since it wasn't a phrase I was targeting, I never realized that I had gotten REALLY good ranking...

I started scrambling to find the link and to try to remember what brilliant copy I had written, and then went "DOH! The Google Cache!!!" -- scrambled over to google, found the cached page, did a view source, yanked the code, pasted it into my live page.

And voila! Two sales already on that product -- and remember when I discovered the problem? That's right boys and girls, YESTERDAY.

Too bad I didn't discover it a week ago.

If it hadn't been for my log files, I never would have known.

If you can't read your log files, you are missing a big chunk of information.

Yeppers,
    I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago. I found out I was getting hits from google when they typed in a certain phrase for a merchant I previously had on the page but yanked due to poor performance.

Checked the google cache and there was the phrase near the top of the page. I too, quickly added it back on the live site and almost instant commissions started rolling in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread