I've done the keyword wizards, page optimizing, html tidied to sheer perfection, submitted to every directory known and unknown to man. I've slaved away at my keyboard for 3 days now, and short of a few expected emails, I'm done with my first wave, so to speak. There's really no where left to submit to, so what are the other alternatives for promotions? Build a community? Doesn't that take enormous energy? A newsletter..I have my doubts about my ability (or desire) to sustain that, unless someone can get me fired up as to the benefits.

Has anyone got any suggestions for promotion of a web design site? I'm new at promoting, it's the first time I got aggressive with it.

bk2k.com

ABW Ambassador
    You could start cultivating some reciprocal links. You'd gain some traffic directly from that, and inbound links help you rank better in some search engines when they finally get around to noticing you.

Here's an article you might find helpful:
    http://www.clickz.com/linking/build_links/article.php/ 831971

I also wrote about reciprocal links in my webmaster resource section.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: buckworks.com ]

Hi Badkitty,

Take a well earnded break, go out on the town, have a slap up meal and get drunk.

No, seriously, I have looked at what my competition have down, do a search on their company and start to see where they are listed and if I find a site/location that I am not on during the seach I then try to get listed. I started a xcel spreedsheet and keep a listing of all sites submitted to/when/and if replied recived and if link has been put on.

Ok its a lot of work but its a do it when you have some spare time job.

regards John

I'm doing the spreadsheet thing too, John! Most of them have emailed me back with an acceptance notice, but I'm still waiting on an email or two.

I'm working on a webmaster resources page - just collecting the resources now and will start mailing out reciprocal link requests when I have it built. Shouldn't take too long to collect them, there are a lot of web design sites on the Net.

I'm going to check out the newsletter idea, I've fired myself up about it. Just a matter of getting it set up, and then doing it! I have lots of friends I can call upon to pass it around. Does anyone here have one? Any advice?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread