Correction Reason Other
    Original Amount $196.53
    Original Commission $11.79
    Correction Amount ($196.53)
    Correction Commission ($11.79)
    Type Sale
    Advertiser WuWearShoes.com
    Action Name Sale

"Other" needs to be eliminated as an option. Or, if "Other" is selected, it should be mandatory that a "Comments" box be filled out explaining why!

This is a major loophole that CJ has which allows abuse. They need to close it up.

Andy

The options available to merchants for individual reversal explanations are:

Invalid Credit Card
    Returned Merchandise
    Duplicate Order
    Can't Ship/Sold Out
    Other
    Unqualified Lead

However cj gives the merchant the ability to make multiple corrections at once via a batch. Some merchants when doing this might be lazy and just choose "other" rather than specific reasons for each.

With our program , upon request , we will show reason of any reversal , with documentation - edited to conform with the privacy of the customer of course , to any of our affiliates. This is a time consuming process that most merchants try to avoid.

Though merchants can abuse the reversal process , I as an affiliate also have experienced such abuse , there ARE legitimate reasons for a sale not going through , or being canceled at a later date.

In specific to the footwear industry , since I ran shoe stores in the past , I can tell you there is a HIGH return rate when shoes are purchased through the mail. Mostly it is a fit problem. I dread the Zappo "zap" each month with my personal affiliate sales.

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Advertiser WuWearShoes.com"

The reason "other" could mean the customer sent back the shoes for the "other" pair.

Sometimes when a merchant is at multiple affiliate networks, I sometimes intrepret "other" to mean meet us at the "other" network. Hey, I'm serious. I've done just that with merchants, with positive results.

"Other" certainly means something or another ...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    CJ does need to improve on the reversal reasons and add a mandatory explantion for "other". Merchants and affiliates have been asking for this for a long time.

On the other hand, I really can't believe anyone orders shoes online! That's one product you really do need to TRY ON in a brick and mortar store. I am surprised by the high number of sales online shoe retailers get - but I am not surprised at all about the reversals.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

ABW Ambassador
    Linda, you'd be surprised how well shoes and clothing sell online.

From the vantage point of using CJ shoe and clothing merchants, you really would think it was impossible.

Most of the highest respected names in shoes and clothing are found among other affiliate networks, and reversals are very low from my experience.

Where is CJ's head in all this? They are a mediator between merchants and affiliates, and to secure that position of mediator they want to bring merchants and affiliates together, but not to closely.

Their stategy is to convince merchants that affiliates will not trust merchant reporting (were they to have an inhouse program), and that affiliates will not even trust that merchants will pay if sales were reported.

Sounds ridiculous? If you search around on Google, you'll find Todd Crawford back as far as 1999 in so many words actually telling a merchant that affiliates will not trust merchant reporting, etc. ...therefore CJ, your trusted third party is what you need.

If affiliates are not sent subtle signals that causes them to doubt the integrity of merchants, (and "other" being a good example of such), merchants and affiliates may wake up one day and not need CJ any longer.

Of course there are crooked merchants, but the picture that has been painted by CJ that I see is that most all merchants lack integrity.

We therefore demand explanations from our merchants for ambiguous reasons for reversals, and it ever more convinces the merchants that their affiliates don't trust them.

CJ, your trusted third party ...don't forget it.

quote:
    Originally posted by Catalyst:
    On the other hand, I really can't believe anyone orders shoes online! That's one product you really do need to TRY ON in a brick and mortar store. I am surprised by the high number of sales online shoe retailers get - but I am not surprised at all about the reversals.

Linda , when I ran my chain of shoe stores , no shoe was allowed to be sold if it did not fit properly. I had full service stores where the customer was seated , foot was measured PROPERLY , sales staff knew the last and fit of every style , and they were professional in making needed adjustments. When I manufactured the shoes only quality components were utilized , even when they cost a few lire more. Today , people don't care about proper fitting and they expect shoes to hurt. Stores offer very little if any service. The sales staff at most stores are not trained or given the tools. Also stores don't inventory the size ranges anymore because it is not profitable. ( sizes 4-12 plus half sizes plus widths in each color, style , etc. You do the math.) That is why people shop online. Returns occur when the shoe's fit is just intolerable. And that IS a high %

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread