For those of you who use Position Tech, if I purchase only one URL when I open my account, is it possible to add more during the year, or do I have to spend the money now to get a number of urls that I might or might not use?

Thanks,
    Brian

ABW Ambassador
    You can list one URL now, and add more later. The additional URLs get the discounted price when you add them. You can also rotate the URLs within your account, as long as they're from the same domain.

One thing that confused me a bit is I didn't know if the higher charge for the first url is repeated every time you add a few urls. But it isn't.

Another thing is you occasionally get a red X next to a url when you log in and a request to contact them. Don't bother unless the X persists more than a couple of days, the page should be back in the next refresh.

Positiontech hold my record for the fastest respose ever to an email. Even for an automated reply it would have been fast.

Thanks Elizabeth for putting me onto them! Sales are up at least 50% on those pages.

I

What did I do wrong?

I read the posts here, and instead of dumping more money into Overture this month, I opted to list pages with inktomi. So I signed up through Position Tech.

Before I signed up, I was getting free traffic from inktomi. They had indexed my site even though I never paid to be there. Now that I've paid, my listings are gone! Every search term that used to bring people to my site through Inktomi's portals has quit delivering. I used to come up in the top 10 results, now I can't even find my site.

What am I missing here?

Tracy

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Tracy V Grant ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There are rumors, that once you pay for a listing that they won't do "free" for you anymore.

I hadn't had substantial free Ink traffic before (just an occasional fluke which would disappear quickly anyway), so I can't vouch for the validity of the rumor myself.

But it certainly sounds like the rumors are true, reading what you have posted, Tracy!

Oh, great. So basically, I just spent $89 to screw myself out of the good traffic I was getting.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Thank goodness for Google. At least they rank me in the number one spot for my top search terms.

Tracy

Thank you all for the information. I went ahead and submitted two urls. I only started with one to experiment, but while doing a little keyword research I found a phrase I just had to try, so I went ahead and submitted that url as well. I'll try to post the results here.

Brian

p.s. Remind me in the future to ask for affiliate urls. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I would love to help out where I can.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread