ABW Ambassador
    For those of you who have direct deposit, does CJ email you confirmation when they deposit the money, or do you just assume it's in your account when it is taken out of your CJ account?

Also, if they email you, is it through CJ mail or regular email? I don't want to have to be checking my bank account constantly to see if the money is there, but it does seem like we'd get it faster.

Thanks,
    Robin

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    No emails--I start checking my bank account a couple of business days after the money disappears from my CJ account (it typically takes 2-3 business days to be registered by my bank). I don't "assume" anything when it comes to payment, even from CJ... while I don't constantly check (the bank only updates once a day so there's no point in checking more often than that), I DO CHECK!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Leader,

It almost seems that it's just as easy to get an actual paper check than to keep checking with the bank. At the same time, it does save a trip to the bank. I guess I can try direct deposit and then always revert back to snail mail if I don't like it.

I have to add my 2 cents here....GO CUBBIES!

The main reason I like direct deposit is that it can't get "lost in the mail". Another network's merchant had used that excuse on me, and I instantly changed to direct deposit at every place that offered it.

Other than that, checks are fine 6 months out of the year but during the cold months it's a lot nicer to call the bank while sitting in front of the fireplace...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I usualy have my DP in the bank by the 21st.
    The check before I had DP usualy diden't arive untill the 23rd or 24th.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

ABW Ambassador
    Why not get a bank where you can check your balances online? Makes things a whole lot easier....I don't think I've had to go into the branch office more than half a dozen times in the last year.

ABW Ambassador
    We have online banking available, but our cousins just got $50k stolen from their account and I'm hesitant to start messing with that stuff. Personally, I prefer a paper trail and most of our affiliate programs don't offer direct deposit. It's just that CJ is usually a large check and it'd be nice to have it in our account earlier than later. However, another reason I like a paper check is that I can choose to deposit the money into a different account if necessary.

Maybe the following question will help me decide what to do. Is there anyone out there who has had a bad experience with CJ direct deposit?

Only once--for some reason the bank didn't accept/didn't get the deposit. This was over a year ago.

A few calls to CJ got it sorted out, but it was pins-n-needles until they did! The fact that the help people didn't seem to talk to each other added a layer of red tape, but once I got on the phone (instead of emailing) I quickly reached someone who confirmed the payment was approved by all the relevant departments and got the payment out to me.

They sent a check for that month (they don't retry the direct deposit--if it doesn't go through, a check is sent) and all was fine. There haven't been any problems since then.

quote:
    Originally posted by REM:
    We have online banking available, but our cousins just got $50k stolen from their account and I'm hesitant to start messing with that stuff. Personally, I prefer a paper trail and most .

REM, what role did online banking play in your counsin's getting all that money stolen?

I've used online banking for years. Four or five years (can't remember which now). I love its convinience, and I've never ever had any problem with it, but after reading this I'm a little worried....

quote:

Maybe the following question will help me decide what to do. Is there anyone out there who has had a bad experience with CJ direct deposit?

I've gotten direct deposit from CJ starting with my first commission back in '99, and for me personally there hasn't been a problem ever, not even once. I for one would worry more about my check arriving by mail. I feel my commissions are safer by using direct deposit!

ABW Ambassador
    netsu,

From what my cousin told us, someone logged into their account and transferred the 50k from their (the cousin) savings account into their (the cousin) checking account and then wrote 2 checks (not hard to do computer generated checks) to himself (the thief) and proceeded to go to a currency exchange and was actually able to cash them.

Our cousins have no clue how the guy got into their account. You usually need to know the ssn and account number and pw to get in. The kicker of it is that the currency exchange called the bank and the bank gave the go ahead to cash the checks w/out checking with our cousins and wondering why someone would do that.

In any case, the guy was caught (the currency knew him) and is being prosecuted. The currency exchange, however, if the one out the money.

For this reason, I am very skeptical about online banking. I usually like a paper trail. But am considering direct deposit for cj money. This is only my first month doing affiliate stuff and only made $80 at CJ, so DD for me is not a big deal, my hubbie, however, makes 4 figures every month so his checks are large and we'd rather have the $ sooner than later.

At least from CJ's end it sounds like there are no problems with direct deposit. I think it is a nice option to have available.

Robin.....GO CUBS!!!!

REM, thanks for telling me what happened to your cousins. What an ordeal!

I think your cousins should sue the bank for making it so easy to steal their money.

I better check with my bank and make sure their policies don't allow for something like this to happen!

ABW Ambassador
    The sad thing about this particular bank netsu, is that it is one of the largest banks in the country. But the unbelievable thing about it is that our cousin's father used to be the head lawyer of the bank (really BIG WHIG)until he died a few years ago. Thus, you'd think of all people not to screw up with, it would not be them. Hence, unfortunately, they can't do much about it, especially since the bank is paying my husband's aunt the pension and giving her a lifetime of benefits.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread