I was just wondering where your hits are coming from, since in my stats it says I have had over 150 hits a day for the terms computers the past couple days, but have no referrers from searchany.com, I don't even see anywhere I could be getting an extra 300 hits from. Anyway, just curious as to what is going on, and how it works.

bump

I was averaging 5 hits a day, then Friday got 322 which drained my account, though my log say 296. Something's fishy.

Ray

Heyder, where you at buddy

i'm sure there's a logical reason.

Hi all,

I was gone for the weekend

Explanation,

In my affiliates section where you can get links to searchany.com there have been added methods of linking.

These include: Java scripts that show search results directly on the affiliates website therefore cutting searchany.com out of the picture.

Also my feed code is available for search engines to use directly as their own feed.

Both methods cut me out of the picture because the surfer isn't going through my site and both methods only show the results I have directly sold at searchany.com not the fill in results that make up most of my search results.

Therefore only your keywords with your ad show up not other keywords making it very easy for an affiliate to make money by sending traffic directly to your site and cost you your keywords.

The reason you've seen an increase in hits is because my affiliates are smart (sometimes to smart) and want to make money.

They run the feeds on their sites and target only the keywords that carry results. As I hope by now everyone is aware I have moved from paying for first click to paying only for second clicks which would have to be your results.

So to sum it up, certain affiliates of mine are targetting your keywords in order that they get paid for the clicks and they are using your results directly on their sites rather than allowing a surfer to go to my site and browse around which might not earn them money.

I don't know if this is good or bad at this point but I will say it's the same as other ppc's like overture, findwhat and so on.

The only problem I can forsee is quality issues like Ray had mentioned to me on Friday.

It doesn't seem these people are buying.

I want to leave a question with everyone concerned.

What should I do? Should I boot the affiliates sending this traffic?

ps. Some, maybe most of these affiliates are amongst us here at abestweb.

I don't like overtures changes lateley but I have to say I'm starting to see why they are making them.

Okay, I guess I'm lost because that doesn't make any sense, first you say they are bypassing your site with the new code, and then you say that you only pay for second click. So if they show my 3 cents bids on their site, and someone clicks on them, how much do they get paid?

Heyder,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I want to leave a question with everyone concerned.

What should I do? Should I boot the affiliates sending this traffic?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoot traffic is shoot traffic ... on my clixgalore PPC programs I gotten over 8,000 hits (small deal)... and have gotten $0.00 from it ... you can't get blood out of a stone!

Kill it and fast! :eek:

Haiko

Qball,

Sorry, I was using a loose term to describe the program.

By second click what I meant was that they only get paid when a surfer clicks your listing.

This means when they perform a search there is no payment until your listing is clicked.

With the direct terms on their site it is actually first click because your listings take the hit directly.

I think Haiko is right, there is no point in traffic that isn't converting.

So what's left for me to do is to drop those affiliates.

LOL Back to square one again. (no traffic)

I think in all honesty I'm going to hang it up as there is no way for a person without mega deals ie yahoo traffic etc. to make it work.

A ppc search engine has to have traffic and must have quality traffic. I also need to be able to pay for that traffic and therefore earn the money to pay affiliates.

I'm almost convinced it isn't going to happen.

If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears, otherwise I'll announce the end of searchany.com very soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The original idea was to simply set it up as a traffic trading search engine.

No money changes hands at all. People who are able to attract general or nonprofiting traffic could trade that traffic in for specific traffic that they can sell to.

I think the problem currently is that money pollutes the whole thing but nobody understands the concept of just trading traffic and I never had any amount of signups for that.

Feeling frustrated these days.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Re: How much do they get paid

I'm paying three cents per click.

heyder,

Let me finish a few things .. and I'll PM you (might be in the morning).

Haiko

The problem is simple.

Why would anybody with quality traffic sell it to me?

If you have a few financial sites with good traffic and you sell it to searchany.com you get 3 dollars per one hundred.

By selling it as leads/sales you'll make at least 15 dollars.

This is why you see so much scumware these days. Scumware is the ppc search engines best friend.

Heyder,

I think the future of search engines lies in CPM for listings and CPC for affiliates.

If you have 20 listings at $3/CPM you make
    $60 on the page. If you pay 3 cents per click thru to affiliates you net $2/1000 profit.

No matter how you slice it unless a search engine makes a profit, what good is it.

People are going to have to get used to paying for either impressions or clicks because there is no more free lunch.

Fred,

Where can you get $3 CPM?

I'll give you 400K imps a day everyday!

Haiko

Here's an idea maybe. Heyder you would have to figure out how you would make money on it but something that could work, maybe. If you can find a way so that the listing results rotate each search that is made by all sites combined. Bear withme while I try to figure out how to explain this.

Whom ever wants to be listed in your search engine has to agree to add your search engine to their site. For every search that is performed at my site I get a top listing in one of the catagories I am listed under. We would choose our catagories and put an engine on that catagory page.

EX; I pick games and shopping. 20 searches are performed on my shopping page and 15 on my games page. That would credit me with 20 top listings under shopping when a search is made and 15 top listings undr games when a search is made for games. It would have to be tied in so that it rotates for each search no matter what site the search was performed at.

The problem might arise lets say if Fred has 1000 searches a day and I only have 100 searches a day. It would have to be some kind of formula where obviously Fred is gonna get his share in but I don't want to wait until his share is over. So something like Fred would get 10 and I get 1 and so on.

Lets say 100 of us join. That would be 100 people joined but we would also pick more than one catagory. Also we wouldn't all pick one catagory so it is something that could probably work. Obviously there is flaws in this that would have to be ironed out but it might be something you can go on. Whether I would join or not would depend on how it works. Just a thought.

Haiko,

The CPM I was talking about was not on your site it was on a search category page on a DIRECTORY site.

Here's how it works - affiliates send traffic to "Computer" category page and get say 3 cents per click thru tracked as a lead.
    (this way of tracking clicks eliminates just about any fraud)

On the "computer" category page there are listings for 20 merchants who are charged $3 CPM each.

If you sent 400k in real traffic to the computer category page you would make $12,000.

The total revenue paid by the 20 merchants would be $1,200 each times 20 = $24,000 for the 400k you sent.

Search directory makes $12,000 gross profit after paying affiliates.

If a merchant got 1% CTR from the 400k they would get 4,000 click thrus for $1,200. A cost of 30 cents per click thru - which is 50% less than what they are paying to be #1 on BendOver for the category Computer.

If they get 2% the CTR drops to 15 cents, 5% and it's 6 cents.

Everyone wins - merchants get branding and
    targeted traffic to view his ad and all click thrus are targeted.

Affiliates get paid for sending real traffic to the page.

The Search Engine makes a profit for providing the service.

It's NOT CPA though as merchants have to actually make sales to cover their costs just like on bendOver.

The other thing we are doing is limiting listings per category to ONE page of 20 merchant listings.

That limits the competition each merchant who pays for a listing has to endure and makes each slot more valuable to merchants.

The rate per CPM gets adjusted up or down relative to the demand to be listed on a specific category.

If the rate is $3 CPM and all 20 listings are paid for, then the rate may go to $4 CPM
    to replace a listing that runs out or it may not - depends.

In any case once a merchant has a listing, if he fails to re-new he loses it and has to wait to get back in - so once a merchant joins he has a real competitive incentive to keep listed - eliminate the competitions chances of getting listed.

You can pay more to affiliates and charge more CPM to get higher traffic.

Obviously there is a ceiling on what will be paid for certain terms. But if a term gets 1 million page views per month, it approximates
    a major TV ad and warrants the cost for merchants.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread