Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ..I bit the bullet and tried to get a new site of mine listed there. They had no trouble accepting my credit card - but danged if they didn't reject EVERY SINGLE KEYWORD! All of 'em! Now, I'm stocking my own items and selling product, and the keywords related directly to the product category of those items. Overture is arguing that I cannot use these leywords, which is just ridiculous: If I can't use the keywords I bid on, I CAN'T USE ANY KEYWORDS BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE APPLIES! I'm a believer now: Apparently Overture is, as others have stated here, clueless.

ABW Ambassador
    which keywords and which pages?? I was looking at your mall, was it one of these pages?

ABW Ambassador
    Overture should be running a special feed for the yahoo links to maximise their income.
    They should simply flag the affiliate listings, and not provide these to yahoo. All other searches at other locations could include the affiliate pages.

This would keep yahoo with clean pages, affiliates with overture listings, and overture with happy shareholders.

Nightmare isn't it?

Worst thing is Google putting lots of sites out of business and then Oversure being so strict on entries you cannot get listed.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Kanoodle seems to be the least fussy PPC engine - I get some good clicks with them. Findwhat can be a little slow though.

What pissed me off about Oversure was that I trimmed back my listings to maximise value-for-money and promote specific areas, and then I fall into the "minimum monthly spend" trap. Grrr.

elbow, did you get a refund?

No, it wasn't my mall site, or my magazine. I'm starting up a new site that I don't really want to show off yet. Rather than push affiliate programs, though, I decided to go ahead and create a site that sells items that I have purchased for resell. I don't have a refund yet, I will bug them tomorrow (monday) and see if they back off or not.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "...This would keep yahoo with clean pages...~Pete"

Hey, our pages are not unclean! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But yeah, giving Yahoo a second-class feed (one without our GREAT sites in it) might shut their yap and save us some grief...

No reply yet to my request to review the keywords or allow a refund.

ABW Ambassador
    elbowcreek ,

Do you mean that you have actual products for sale, and the keywords were rejected?

If so, are you using an online credit card payment service such as CCNOW ? If you are, they actually act as the seller, and you become just a drop shipper by law, so they can very well reject those too, on the basis that you are not the actual seller, and directing traffic to the "real seller" .

Sucks, right ? There seems to be no way around their strict new relevency policy.

Lisa

No, I have products sitting in a warehouse. I own the stock. The keywords are specific to the item I am selling, and also refer to the general category that my products reside in. They rejected every single keyword, and I am assuming all I got was a cursory glance, before the guy assumed 'ad farm' and rejected. I do not have links to merchants on this site, I own the domain, it is not at all affiliated with my ezine and 'mall'.

No e-mail was ever replied to, so I called them and eventually got to speak to a representative who said, 'Why, I'm not sure why you were rejected - that reviewer is usually quite good - and we'll be happy to review your site again: In another five days or so.'

So, I'm giving them one last shot before I go ballistic and demand a refund. Every time I try to deal with them, I find myself touching my middle fingers and my thumbs together and humming, 'ahhhhhmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhmmmmm, ahhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.'

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread