Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm very new at this whole affiliate marketing business. I really appreciate the learning resources here.

I don't know where to post this. I've tried using "Private Topic" and I've even used Yahoo Messenger, and simply can't get any response.

I've tried both through CJ and through the catalogs.com affiliate sign-up page, and I cannot get signed up as an affiliate??

I even did the Messenger thing with the catalogs.com affiliate manager. Perhaps I'm just being too impatient.

Anyone else doing the program? Having any luck? Did it take several days to get accepted into their affiliate program?

Thanks.

Gary Speer

i'm doing good with catalogs.com you probably will be approved soon. It sometimes takes a while you can reach catalogs.com affiliate manager on aim(aol instant messenger) at Marifer006, otherwise you just may have to be patient?

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"If someone says can't, that shows you what to do." -- John Cage

I used to do very very well with them, but 2 days ago I was rejected. As I asked why, they told me that they were forced to reject the affiliates that advertise catalogs.com as a freebie.

?!?!?!?

If they have told me, no problem. But, folks, here are some quotes of THEIR OWN links:

1) FREE Gift Catalogs
    2) Free Wine & Brew Catalogs
    3) FREE Catalogs and Great Savings!!
    4) FREE Pet CatalogsOrder Catalogs, FREE!
    5) Catalogs.com -- FREE Catalogs
    6) FREE Art, Hobbies & Crafts Catalogs
    7) Free Catalogs
    etc.

Not to mention the page title at catalogs.com:
    "catalogs.com - Order a FREE Catalog & get some GREAT Savings!"

And their homepage?
    "Order the wold's best catalogs, for FREE!"

I'm totally puzzled.
    Monica

I just got basically the same reply - after I hit the roof when they said I was going to be terminated...

"We have had a change in policy and we are no longer allowing traffic from "freebie" websites to us. Your links will go inactive tomorrow, Friday.

Marifer"

Seems pretty damn silly, if anyone were to ask me, not that anyone did.

Abby

www.abbys-good-stuff.com

Never be too open minded... your brains could fall out.

Abby, I am NOT a freebie website!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I was affiliated with them some years( 2 I believe ) and now I got a mail from them through cj.com that they terminate affiliation at once. I always had good results with them and I do not know why this happened.

carneol

hello there...
    Gary:
    I replied to your private asking what your publisher number is and I have not seen any response from you. You can IM me if you want and give me your PID number so I can look at your application.

As for the other affiliates who I have terminated from our program: I want to thank you all for your membership but as a company, we decided to get rid of all references to us as a "free catalog" website. I am taking out all references of the word "free" on our banners and text links and they should all be changed by the end of the week.

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Marifer,

It's great that you're getting your affiliates to remove references of "free catalogs".

I was wondering if you plan on doing the same yourself ...as of now when you search for free catalogs in Google, your site catalogsavings.com has a pretty good ranking with your page title:

Catalogs.com - Order a FREE Catalog and get some GREAT Savings!

Kelly626:
    Yes... We have started that project today but it would be a month before is all rolled out.

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

ABW Ambassador
    The catalogs that were once free ..how much do they now cost?

Someone buy me this coat:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exhibit...intercoat.html

quote:

we decided to get rid of all references to us as a "free catalog" website

quote:

Catalogs.com

Oops!

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

Nice coat, Kelly. I'd buy it for ya, but I would just follow you all over the place.

It's odd that catalog.com is dropping their affiliates who reference to "free," but they still have it on their home page as such.

Perry
    ClickMagazine.NET

ClickMagazine.NET

hmm What... no more listing as "free" that is pretty harsh after I brought you some good leads.. Man this bites... Got so much to do.. never have enough time!

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"Some people stay away from the door for the chance of it opening up- Billy Joel, An Innocent Man

Yea no kidding,

I have brought in several people that are moving LOTS of catalogs daily. Honestly I can not believe that catalogs.com would make this change and NOT making mention to it on the affiliate section of the site, in a newsletter or anywhere else I visit now and then online.

This program is one of my "back up" programs, brings me in enough monthly to cover my butt incase some of my other "power-house" programs head south.

I was planning on speanding some time with catalogs.com in the next several months to double my current earnings.... this move will make me re-think my plan.

Marifer ... how worried should we be as affiliates.

Brian

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

ABW Ambassador
    Is it only me to feel that Marifer is.......

carneol

Will they get rid of their AM that still uses FREE in the sig? or just the hard working affiliates that promted them for so long ?

quote:
    As for the other affiliates who I have terminated from our program: I want to thank you all for your membership but as a company, we decided to get rid of all references to us as a "free catalog" website. I am taking out all references of the word "free" on our banners and text links and they should all be changed by the end of the week.

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Marifer, wouldn't it have been better to contact the affiliates FIRST, instead of dropping them completely? That seems rather harse. As an affiliate, I would have expected at the minimum a few days notice before you gave us the boot.

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

quote:
    Marifer ... how worried should we be as affiliates.

I think Marifer has already answered your question.

Did she send out a message to her affiliates AHEAD OF TIME advising them of this change in policy?

NO!

She basically just terminated the affiliation with little or no notice whatsoever. Apparently, Marifer feels that affiliates are a dime a dozen, and she'll just go out and get new ones.

I'm glad I'm not an affiliate, and I would never promote a merchant with so little respect for their partnerships.

DROP THEM NOW It's the best way to send a message that you won't be treated this way! Why would you stay with a program that apparently doesn't appreciate your efforts at all?

What a !

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Since I dropped them and promote another catalog site I am earning real good money. I invite everyone who is still affiliated with that PP to change.

carneol

quote:
    Originally posted by kelly626:
    The catalogs that were once free ..how much do they now cost?

Someone buy me this coat:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exhibit...></BLOCKQUOTE>

the catalogs are still FREE

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

This is completely untrue: I did sent notices about the termination and reasons to those affiliates who were going to be terminated via CJ platform. Besides, is not possible to just turn off an affiliate thru CJ- CJ takes 7 days to expire links and publishers. In the case of the in-house program, notices were sent and in some cases (brian) phone calls were made to notify people.

Catalogs.com made a decision to not present itself as a freebie product eventhough we offer free catalogs to our users. The decision is based not on the word "free" but in the quality of users associated with "freebie".

I guess I lesson I learned about this is to make sure that as an affiliate, make sure my contact information is current and check my CJ email at least once per week.

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com

ABW Ambassador
    Marifer,

You sent notices that affiliates would be deactivated for "inactivity" ....not because they were freebie type sites, etc.

I received all those CJ e-mail warnings of deactivation for inactivity ...it was overkill

Yet not a clue in any of them that freebie type sites were the ones who were really to get the axe.

If this is your boss' decision, this is directed at him/her: This is a really bad business decision, as I'm sure you will find out in short time.

Well, if Catalogs.com is no longer partnering with freebie sites - can anyone recommend a good free catalog site... with good conversion? (I made some decent $$ before, would like to continue that....)
    Have tried Shop at Home, but so far it's had very low conversions - with about the same number of average daily clicks.

www.abbys-good-stuff.com

Never be too open minded... your brains could fall out.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lets face the realities here folks. We could take a poll and ask AM's if they dread going to any FreeBee type site when reviewing an application without "mouse rubbers" on. We could further poll members pushing lead merchants weither those FRONTs for spammers and Telemarketers might be impacted by the Do-Not-Call registry and $1000 per Opt-Out e-mail fines and 5 years in jail for second offenders.

Ever heard of the term "getting blood out of a turnup". Well all lead merchants doing dubeous things with their signup information database have to revise the info buyers rolodex numbers. Give them a break. It takes time to negotiate pricing with 3rd world Ad whores, info peddlers and call centers who are used to stealing this info (also called a FREEBEE) to actually pay for it.

I own the trademark for the terms Freebee - Freebie, and like derivations, and have secretly agreed to accept a lump sum from Bill Gates to make sure IE 7.0 no longer displays that term on any web page or link. Seems he's pissed that those terms lead to sites that trash his operating system with hidden installs of rogue programs. You can read all about it in Charlies newsletter "Parrot Poop" if he can figure out how to get by the spamm filters. Seems he bought the e-mail address of everyone with a internet connection for 49.95 from some nice guy in N. Korea.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Abby,

It isn't difficult. Contact (e-mail or call on the phone) the companies that mail out free, or low-cost catalogs.

At the same time you will make more than 3 times the money you were making before. You will because many of these same companies who mail them out also do afilliate programs. You will be able to make money from THEM, instead of catalogs.com getting the money.

They are an affiliate for all those magazines in their site. All you are doing is sending your visitors overe there, where they make the commission when your visitors buys, while all you get is 55 cents.

Call the same companies and ask for their free catalogs, while at the same time carry their products that can pay up to 30%. You will be getting a lot of customers, just by advertising "free catalogs."

Here's another thing to think about: Most of your visitors who go to places like catalogs.com land up buying something, rather than getting the free catalogs. Many go there because of the advertised "free catalogs," but once there, they look around, and then buy something they see, forgetting about the free catalog.

So, you lose out in 2 ways. 1. You don't get the 55 cents, or whatever it is. 2. That particular afilliate makes the commissin from, YOUR, visitors.

Perry

ClickMagazine.NET

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast